• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nicely done USF Athletics, Dr. Genshaft and BE members!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

This is a better conference that C-USA on roids... there are no UTEPS... no Marshalls... the teams that came are decent to very good. Houston's offense is explosive - Boise is a top 10 team... get your heads out of your butts and pay attention to how these teams have actually performed.

didn't i just say that? get your head out of your "butt" and learn to read.

i say C-USA on 'roids because half the conference has been in C-USA at one point or another. the fact that there are no UTEPs or Marshalls is what makes the "on roids" part true. i didn't say we are C-USA.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  312
  • Days Won:  0

no, the fact that there are no UTEPs or Marshalls is what makes the conference nothing like CUSA

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

no, the fact that there are no UTEPs or Marshalls is what makes the conference nothing like CUSA

New BE (minus defectors)

UConn

Rutgers

Cinci

Houston

SMU

UCF

USF

Boise

SDSU

6 of 10 teams are former C-USA programs. Boise and SDSU would have been absorbed into the new MWC-USA if not for their invite here.

Rutgers is the only original football member left.

a nationwide footprint.

the similarities are endless... the biggest difference is AQ status.

but u are the internet guru so far be it from me to disagree with your official proclamations. LOL.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Only one I am mad about is UCF.

Other than that, not bad. Let's see what we can do with it.

WHY?!... I honestly don't understand what upsets everyone about this... lets just think in the short term here... if you are a recruit... would you want to play for george oleary????

Maybe this is already a known fact, but I have heard first hand from people who have worked at UCF and around O'Leary and they say he is a real douche bag.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Terrible for basketball and the deep tradition of the Big East, which is/was a basketball conference by the way.

not like anyone at USF, including the athletic department, cares about NCAA basketball. Sport generates no $ for schools im sure. :rolleyes:

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Best we could have done. Doesn't mean I have to like it. It sucks

• Content Count:  81

They do not deserve thanks. Our administration should have found a way to get us out of this trash heap of a conference. And adding the likes of SMU and ucif is definitely not an upgrade. And by sponsoring ucif's membership we helped them while creating additional competition for recruits in the future. Great plan.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Hate to see what disappoints the OP.

• Content Count:  1,867

They do not deserve thanks. Our administration should have found a way to get us out of this trash heap of a conference. And adding the likes of SMU and ucif is definitely not an upgrade. And by sponsoring ucif's membership we helped them while creating additional competition for recruits in the future. Great plan.

Don't you think they tried? it takes 2... and the others wanted nothing to do with us...

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Don't you think they tried? it takes 2... and the others wanted nothing to do with us...

some people still don't get it. NO ONE wanted us. begging would have done nothing. this is ALL we get.

don't get me wrong, usf is a great university, but it's not a household name and it's not anything special around the country. we don't really move the needle on the interesting scale. we've had chances to do that, but have come up short so far.

my solution: let's hope this conference can compete with OOC games, and let's hope USF can get on track and win the new conference and become a perennial top-tier program, and THEN we can start looking to see if anyone notices us for another conference...but by then, why move when we can be the marquis team and make our own path.

Archived