• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

John Egbunu C / Drew Davis PG, Eagles Landing HS, McDonough GA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well I did give him an "A" for finishing. He can definitely throw it down with the best of them.

Ah, that's fair. But some of the greatest scorers of all time, did it all from 5 feet. I grew up with Wilt. There was nothing like watching him go to the rim. Shooting is a widely diverse art form. It happens from paint to arc. Frankly I don't care if john can hit even a short jumper. It's that threat inside that keeps the pressure off of our shooters. That and his shot blocking capability makes him the perfect addition to this team, IMHO. Got a feeling his is gonna mature quickly with Stan, too. Perfect the defensive side of his game from a great defensive coach. I was so worried about the loss of big bodies to graduation. This starts to make me feel a little better. He really seems to be a great athlete, I guess we can only hope he matures quickly.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Well I did give him an "A" for finishing. He can definitely throw it down with the best of them.

Ah, that's fair. But some of the greatest scorers of all time, did it all from 5 feet. I grew up with Wilt. There was nothing like watching him go to the rim. Shooting is a widely diverse art form. It happens from paint to arc. Frankly I don't care if john can hit even a short jumper. It's that threat inside that keeps the pressure off of our shooters. That and his shot blocking capability makes him the perfect addition to this team, IMHO. Got a feeling his is gonna mature quickly with Stan, too. Perfect the defensive side of his game from a great defensive coach. I was so worried about the loss of big bodies to graduation. This starts to make me feel a little better. He really seems to be a great athlete, I guess we can only hope he matures quickly.

Well remember we'll have Omogbehin and Austin on the roster when Egbunu arrives. I'm sure or at least hoping the coaches are going to be able to sign 2 Big Forwards to come in the same class as John.

I do think Egbunu needs to have at least a short jumper because in college it's going to be hard to get dunks all the time. Also I think he will play some PF at USF. If he's going to make it to the NBA and excel he will need to develop some PF like skills. Remember Egbunu is NOT 7ft tall and 270+ lbs like Linzy Davis tried to trick everybody into believing. He's around 6-10 and less then 250lbs right now.

Btw props on mentioning Wilt "The Silt"

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Jeff Borzello â€@jeffborzello

John Egbunu has been impressive all day. Listed at 7-feet, he's been running the floor and defending well. Just hit a jump hook too.

7:47 PM - 14 Jun 12 via Mobile Web · Details

I remember when "Lew Alcindor" in college had`that nice hook shot. I was hoping that Egbunu could have something like that in his arsenal. LOL

0.Lew.Alcindor.hook.jpg

nba_jabbarbruins01_800.jpg

Speaking of old time greats, one of these guys is my uncle.

PJ-AP613_SP_RUS_G_20090506140236.jpg

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well, from what I've heard, one of them prolly had a lot of nieces, just kidding. Oh, and i loved that sky hook, from Sweet Lew(nod to PJ)

Well, from what I've heard, one of them prolly had a lot of nieces, just kidding. Oh, and i loved that sky hook, from Sweet Lew(nod to PJ)

Not that one. LMAO

Corey Dowlar â€@cdowlar

RT @WillGunter247: South Florida head Bull Stan Heath watching prized 2013 commitment John Egbunu w/Douglas Bros Elite here at ‪#BigShots‬

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

Corey Dowlar â€@cdowlar

RT @WillGunter247: South Florida head Bull Stan Heath watching prized 2013 commitment John Egbunu w/Douglas Bros Elite here at ‪#BigShots‬

Only 4 more months ...

Dave Telep â€@DaveTelep

John Egbunu is about to amass 4,000,000 rebounds in one game. United has no size.

10:49 AM - 15 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone ·

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Dave Telep â€@DaveTelep

John Egbunu is about to amass 4,000,000 rebounds in one game. United has no size.

10:49 AM - 15 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone ·

Well maybe he needed to get another 2 million. Egbunu and his team got beat by the shorter United squad that only had 4 players on the court against the Douglas team Egbunu plays for the last 7minutes of the game. . Getting beat 4 on 5 by a smaller team had to be embarrassing.