• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tommy Ammaker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

If Coach Stan Heath should lose his job after this basketball season, I strongly recommend USF at least interview (if not hire) Tommy Ammaker. He has done an amazing job during his tenure at Harvard. Harvard just won a tournament in the Bahamas. They first beat Florida State then UCF. His team is currently 6-0 and they won the IVY league last year. Harvard beat Florida State, amazing to me. He was on the staff of Coach K at Duke. I guarantee he will be a very hot commodity after this college basketball season is over.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I don't see Heath going anywhere after this season :(

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

He's not ...

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not sure Heath will get another year or not. He certainly doesn't deserve to be the coach here past this season.. Ammaker didn't fair all that well at Michigan. I believe he coached 6 yrs there and never guided his teams to the NCAAT. He like Heath might be better suited for a level below high D-1. Heath is still living off that very much miracle Kent St run to this day. Stan as a low to mid major HC might do what Tommy is with Harvard.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Off Kent State run?? what about 3 NCAA's in 6 years after the nolan richardson wreck?

• Content Count:  4,078

I'm not sure Heath will get another year or not. He certainly doesn't deserve to be the coach here past this season.. Ammaker didn't fair all that well at Michigan. I believe he coached 6 yrs there and never guided his teams to the NCAAT. He like Heath might be better suited for a level below high D-1. Heath is still living off that very much miracle Kent St run to this day. Stan as a low to mid major HC might do what Tommy is with Harvard.

While I get what you are saying, keep in mind sometimes coaches need a 2nd chance, different setting. Bill Belichick only had one winning season in 5 for the Cleveland Browns. Now, he is almost a shoe in for the Hall.

• Content Count:  5,982

Off Kent State run?? what about 3 NCAA's in 6 years after the nolan richardson wreck?

Let the record say I didn't think Heath deserved to be fired after he made the NCAAT in back-to-back years(gruber he made 2 NCAAT at Ark, not 3). Stan should've gotten the chance to coach his seniors, but the Klan, I mean exiting AD Frank Broyles and the PTB group canned him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

Let the record say I didn't think Heath deserved to be fired after he made the NCAAT in back-to-back years(gruber he made 2 NCAAT at Ark, not 3). Stan should've gotten the chance to coach his seniors, but the Klan, I mean exiting AD Frank Broyles and the PTB group canned him.

Gruber's point is that it's not like after leaving Kent State he crapped the the bed at Arkansas. His resume read beyond the run at Kent State run ...

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Woolard will not fire Heath. He is a predictable and risk averse AD.

• Content Count:  3,084

USF needs at leaast 5+ years of constant losing for fans and decision makers to fire someone.

I do not like Tommy Ammaker he was totally out of his league at Michigan.

we need a proven winner with a resume from a D1, big conference. I mean that is what we are and are in, isnt it?

Archived