• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tommy Ammaker

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

Ivy league is not D1? News to me.

I think his "big conference" takes the Ivy League out of his scenario .....

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if usf replaces heath

it must be with a proven winner

or top wing man from top coach

USF HAS THE MONEY

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Big conference, as in a conference that actually at least gives athletic scholarships.

There's a lot more than determines big conference thn that but u get it...I hope.

• Content Count:  4,078

I knew what he meant, just like to pick on Herman or Ari since he likes to pick on us! I think USF is going to have to find a diamond in the rough when the time comes to find a new coach. Do you think that anyone with any success in the big time would come here? I know Lee Rose did in the early 80's but even he had limited success. Smazza's "wing man" idea is probably what would be best.

• Content Count:  4,078

Big conference, as in a conference that actually at least gives athletic scholarships.

There's a lot more than determines big conference thn that but u get it...I hope.

Not to get off topic too far, but the BCS money has make it to where those conferences are even bigger in basketball than before. I know that there have been surprises in the tournament but there does seem to be a larger gap than there used to be. There actually used to be several very good teams from the so called mid-majors that were often favorites rather than cinderellas. Darn BCS.

I knew what he meant, just like to pick on Herman or Ari since he likes to pick on us! I think USF is going to have to find a diamond in the rough when the time comes to find a new coach.

I'm not real sure what a new coach will look like but I can almost guarantee, like you said, it won't be want Herm wants. It'll be either the wingman or a successful lower level coach ... No reason at all for a successful coach in a 1A "big conference" to leave there for here.

• Content Count:  3,084

I wouldnt mind a wingman off of a big program like Duke, Uconn, Cuse (not Fein), UNC, Michigan St, Florida, etc.

Trip, dont be so judgemental. I was a fan of Heath when he came in, I felt anyone other than McCullum had to be better (not sure Heath is). I gave him a few years, doesnt seem to be working and his style of coaching (liek Vega constantly points out) really does not work with the kids he recruits.

He also has not put any excitement into the program, we had that mini stint with McCullums guy's Dojo but that was short lived. All we have to do is compete a little bit like we did that year with Dojo and the fans actually do get excited and show up. Its a ghost town right now. Its time to move on. You agree with me, you just dont want to admit it.

Mission, Ill tell Ari you say hello. I do not pick on USF when they do not deserve it. Im the same way with every team I root for. Nothing personal.

I wouldnt mind a wingman off of a big program like Duke, Uconn, Cuse (not Fein), UNC, Michigan St, Florida, etc.

Trip, dont be so judgemental.

Judgmental about what?

I was a fan of Heath when he came in, I felt anyone other than McCullum had to be better (not sure Heath is). I gave him a few years, doesnt seem to be working and his style of coaching (liek Vega constantly points out) really does not work with the kids he recruits he's had to settle on while here.

Corrected that for accuracy ... I don't expect Vega to grasp that, he has no clue about the history of USF hoops ... you, on the other hand, should know better. The hoops program has been a virtual train wreck since the early 90's, heightened by the start up of football. **** facilities, **** student support (for the most part) and **** fan support .... all extraordinarily magnified when we moved to the Big East. Dicky V pegged this program years ago ... Giving someone "a few years" in that environment is a joke.

He also has not put any excitement into the program, we had that mini stint with McCullums guy's Dojo but that was short lived. All we have to do is compete a little bit like we did that year with Dojo and the fans actually do get excited and show up.

On the threshold of possibly making the NCAA's for the first time in almost 20 years, only an announced crowd of 5K "got excited and showed up" to a Saturday night game in late February, so spare me the "all we have to do is compete a little bit". It's going to take a string of good years to, HOPEFULLY, get it jazzed up again.

Its a ghost town right now. Its time to move on. You agree with me, you just dont want to admit it.

I do agree with you that it is a ghost town but unless Coach K or Billy the Kid is tired of taking the easy way out and want a REAL challenge, it's not time to move on ......... yet. Let's talk again in March 2013.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Although it may be a bit premature, I think Heath may have struck gold with Ant Collins. The two games that I've seen him play, I'm impressed with his ability to get the ball to our posts around the basket. I'd like to see him do the same against fellow Big East quality point guards before I'm completely sold on him. We need to keep the focus on getting high school kids rather than relying so much on Juco or D-1 transfers. I hope the updated facilities help in that regard.

Archived