• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU rumors

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

"Which school would be the sixth team in the new "western" dvision? If what Iliana Limon of the Orlando Sentinel is hearing is correct, it could be UCF. According to her source, Louisville and Cincinnati do not want to be in the same division with the teams from the west."

That makes no sense!

Actually that makes perfect sense and is something I mentioned last week (the UL and UC part).

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

"Which school would be the sixth team in the new "western" dvision? If what Iliana Limon of the Orlando Sentinel is hearing is correct, it could be UCF. According to her source, Louisville and Cincinnati do not want to be in the same division with the teams from the west."

That makes no sense!

Actually that makes perfect sense and is something I mentioned last week (the UL and UC part).

Has Iliana Limon from the Sentinel ever printed anything that turned out to be correct?

I'm sure no team in the BE wants to be in with the western teams. Fully agree that it should be a newbie that gets joined up in a Western division. If UCF joins, perfect. Let them travel out there more than anyone else.

That makes no sense!

Has Iliana Limon from the Sentinel ever printed anything that turned out to be correct?

I'm sure no team in the BE wants to be in with the western teams. Fully agree that it should be a newbie that gets joined up in a Western division. If UCF joins, perfect. Let them travel out there more than anyone else.

Agree about a new program going West and I would think Navy would have a little more "pull" since they have been talking to the league about joining before the Pitt-'Cuse crap.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Agree about a new program going West and I would think Navy would have a little more "pull" since they have been talking to the league about joining before the Pitt-'Cuse crap.

Navy might like the idea of being in the same division as Air Force.

As for UCF, it can be conditional of their membership. They either go in the western division or we invite San Diego State instead. I think the Big East covers overhead for football flights anyways.

BYU would be a great add on the football side. If we add Boise State, SMU, Houston, BYU, Navy, Air Force, and UCF then we are better than before the raid.

If a deal can be reached for BYU to come onboard next year then we may see a larger buyout from WVU that we can put towards BYU postponing a few games and added travel expenses.

I also still think that Pittsburgh and Syracuse can still be convinced to stay, but it will depend upon TV money. The ACC got a terrible deal in light of what has happened and I do believe we can get $5M more per school. If that's the case, I would not be surprised to see Pitt and Cuse decide to stay and give up their ACC application fees. They have not tried to get out early and next year at this time may be presented with their payout should they stay.

We won't lose BCS status unless all conferences do - and I highly doubt that will happen. The BE does have a lot of political clout, as has been noted, and will support the status quo. With Boise State, TCU, Houston, BYU, and Utah all now going into AQ conferences, there will be less likelihood of a non-AQ team crashing the party. Most of the leftovers will not have that much potential.

I think we end up more than doubling our annual TV money, possibly going beyond that since they can now split up the TV deal into packages. That's how the SEC, PAC-12, B1G, and Big XII got their paydays - they tiered out their packages. The ACC did no such thing and gave everything to ESPN. ESPN may still be a part of the package, but the other networks and their cable outlets will come into play as well for both tiers of football programming and the top end basketball TV revenue.

Navy might like the idea of being in the same division as Air Force.

I think it's pretty safe to say that they'd be the crossover team for Navy.

• Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

BYU is a big enough name that if they get into a BCS conference their recruiting should get significantly better. They could be a really good team down the road with Boise State

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

UCF wants to get in so bad, they will take whatever Marinatto gives them, so if that means them going out west, they will do it. Like the fact that they want USF-UCF game every year. At first, I admit I was against playing UCF, but the fact that they are making this a priority and this could turn in to a huge thing, eh, I'll go with it. Make it happen fat man.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

why is UCF still in the conversation? their coach kills players and their basketball AND football programs have recruiting violations. invite Temple and Memphis, put Memphis in the West.

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-10435395

"Why is Big East Dragging Its Heels on Its Football Expansion Plans? Fan’s Look"

Archived