• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It could be worse... we could be

slbpsi63

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

I don't understand how they could fire JoePa and the school president but not Mike McQueary at the same time. McQueary was the one who witnessed the horrible act and didn't stop it or report it to police either, his failure to act was just as bad as JoePa's. He should have also been fired on the spot.

he was a GA-

he young

lowest man on toteum pole

if anyone gets apass it should be him but if they thru his butt in jail i wouldnt lose sleep

Actually, if anyone shouldn't get a pass, it's him ... He sees a man raping a 10 year old and does NOTHING??? ... and if he was a GA, it means he was probably in his mid 20's , so spare me the "young" excuse, which shouldn't even be one to begin with in that situation.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

I don't understand how they could fire JoePa and the school president but not Mike McQueary at the same time. McQueary was the one who witnessed the horrible act and didn't stop it or report it to police either, his failure to act was just as bad as JoePa's. He should have also been fired on the spot.

he was a GA-

he young

lowest man on toteum pole

if anyone gets apass it should be him but if they thru his butt in jail i wouldnt lose sleep

He was 28 at the time.... He was a grown man and a coward. The same goes for the janitor that is clinically demented. I wonder if his dementia was brought on by this incident. How can you become so distraught about what you say and DO NOTHING?!?!?

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

a criminal enterprise

No it's not. Not at all.

psu football should be shut down

No it shouldn't. Those mentioned in the report, even those who weren't specifically named (McQueary) should be let go, and that takes care of the problem. Student-athletes are innocent in this case. Shutting down PSU football is nonsense.

• Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

From phone interview on Fox News with a reporter from Sports Illustrated....

The GA actually got PROMOTED and kept working at the university as an assistant coach!!!!! And he kept working with Sandusky for years after he had seen him having sex with a boy in the shower!!!! SICK!!! How could he look Sandusky in the eye and not think about that horrible act he witnessed... He was disturbed when it happened and told Paterno but that was it. He kept working with Sandusky afterwards and never followed up... I wonder if he feels any guilt at all or he's as much a dirtball as Sandusky. Maybe he was afraid of losing his job but that is not an excuse. He is a dirtball. EVERYONE in the athletic department chain of command KNEW Sandusky abused at least one boy and I believe they knew or suspected more than just that one but decided to keep him.

The whole chain of command should be fired along with the entire coaching staff.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The GA actually got PROMOTED and kept working at the university as an assistant coach!!!!! And he kept working with Sandusky for years after he had seen him having sex with a boy in the shower!!!! SICK!!! How could he look Sandusky in the eye and not think about that horrible act he witnessed... He was disturbed when it happened and told Paterno but that was it. He kept working with Sandusky afterwards and never followed up... I wonder if he feels any guilt at all or he's as much a dirtball as Sandusky. Maybe he was afraid of losing his job but that is not an excuse. He is a dirtball. EVERYONE in the athletic department chain of command KNEW Sandusky abused at least one boy and I believe they knew or suspected more than just that one but decided to keep him.

The whole chain of command should be fired along with the entire coaching staff.

Although I agree with the sentiment of your post, pretty sure that Sandusky was no longer a coach at PSU when the 2002 shower **** occurred. The GA wasn't really working with him at that point.

Sandusky retired in 99. He was a GA in 02. How was he working with Sandusky? He had minimal contact with the day to day operations of the football team. Yes, he was at the facilities from time to time, but I seriously doubt he was sitting in on team meetings, coaching any of the PSU plyers, except on a consultative level which even then may have been minimal at best. How long after the incident did the GA get promoted? That seems fishy to me.

One of the things this whole Grand Jury indictment made me realize is the lack of knowledge people have of their rights granted to them under the "whistle blower act" and how anti-retaliation laws safeguard them in the workplace. I am an HR Director, and I take refresher courses on employment law matters once a year, so I have a very good idea of what I am talking about here. Your employer can't fire you becuase you went to the cops, unless it was a false report. Even then the report has to be proven as false. If they did lie, they are going to jail anyways. If he was promoted to stay quite that is blatant miss use of power and qualifies as "quid pro quo" under current harrassment legislation. Which would have made Paterno/ The AD/whoever offered the promotion deal as hush money quilty of sexual harrassment as well. That is why I asked how soon after the incident he was promoted.

Sandusky retired in 99. He was a GA in 02. How was he working with Sandusky? He had minimal contact with the day to day operations of the football team. Yes, he was at the facilities from time to time, but I seriously doubt he was sitting in on team meetings, coaching any of the PSU plyers, except on a consultative level which even then may have been minimal at best. How long after the incident did the GA get promoted? That seems fishy to me.

One of the things this whole Grand Jury indictment made me realize is the lack of knowledge people have of their rights granted to them under the "whistle blower act" and how anti-retaliation laws safeguard them in the workplace. I am an HR Director, and I take refresher courses on employment law matters once a year, so I have a very good idea of what I am talking about here. Your employer can't fire you becuase you went to the cops, unless it was a false report. Even then the report has to be proven as false. If they did lie, they are going to jail anyways. If he was promoted to stay quite that is blatant miss use of power and qualifies as "quid pro quo" under current harrassment legislation. Which would have made Paterno/ The AD/whoever offered the promotion deal as hush money quilty of sexual harrassment as well. That is why I asked how soon after the incident he was promoted.

Technically, would this really fall under the whistle blower act? .... Especially if the whistle blower is as guilty, if not more, than those he would supposedly be blowing the whistle on.

Anyone is covered under the whistle blower act if they report a crime to their employer with the hope of the employer will properly handle the issue. here is an excerpt from a brief description of the law:

whistleblower (whistle-blower or whistle blower)[1] is a person who tells the public or someone in authority about alleged dishonest or illegal activities (misconduct) occurring in a government department, a public or private organization, or a company. The alleged misconduct may be classified in many ways; for example, a violation of a law, rule, regulation and/or a direct threat to public interest, such as fraud, health/safety violations, and corruption. Whistleblowers may make their allegations internally (for example, to other people within the accused organization) or externally (to regulators, law enforcement agencies, to the media or to groups concerned with the issues).

This protection definately applied in this situation. The problem is the whistleblowers did not follow up and take it to another agency when the first agency failed to act properly. Anti-retaliation laws are designed to protect whistleblowers, but he may have felt that he was not powerful enough to fight the Penn State Mafia. Both the Janitor and GA must ahve felt powerless that their reports fell on deaf ears. I fear in this case self preservation overruled common sense and moral responsibility.

Anyone is covered under the whistle blower act if they report a crime to their employer with the hope of the employer will properly handle the issue. here is an excerpt from a brief description of the law:

whistleblower (whistle-blower or whistle blower)[1] is a person who tells the public or someone in authority about alleged dishonest or illegal activities (misconduct) occurring in a government department, a public or private organization, or a company. The alleged misconduct may be classified in many ways; for example, a violation of a law, rule, regulation and/or a direct threat to public interest, such as fraud, health/safety violations, and corruption. Whistleblowers may make their allegations internally (for example, to other people within the accused organization) or externally (to regulators, law enforcement agencies, to the media or to groups concerned with the issues).

This protection definately applied in this situation. The problem is the whistleblowers did not follow up and take it to another agency when the first agency failed to act properly. Anti-retaliation laws are designed to protect whistleblowers, but he may have felt that he was not powerful enough to fight the Penn State Mafia. Both the Janitor and GA must ahve felt powerless that their reports fell on deaf ears. I fear in this case self preservation overruled common sense and moral responsibility.

To me, the initial report to JoePa by the GA did not fall under a "whistleblower" activity because he wasn't reporting something done, or not done, internally, within the Penn State administration .... but once the PSU administration dropped the ball and didn't take the correct measures against Sandusky, he then should have become a whistleblower, going to an outside authority, reporting dishonest activities within his own organization.

Archived