• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have got to get away from the BBall Schools

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

I think the only way that I'll be okay with staying in this conference is if we somehow get Boise State, Air Force, and Navy and then the football schools vote to separate from the basketball schools and start our own all sports conference. Anything else that happens that is still under their control will be mismanaged and fall apart. We might limp along for a few more years but it will eventually fail.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I think the only way that I'll be okay with staying in this conference is if we somehow get Boise State, Air Force, and Navy and then the football schools vote to separate from the basketball schools and start our own all sports conference. Anything else that happens that is still under their control will be mismanaged and fall apart. We might limp along for a few more years but it will eventually fail.

we will never be in an all sports conference with boise state and air force. the travel would be impossible for olympic sports.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Just create a football only conference. Other sports can go to the Big East.

• Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

Nope...never happen...especially if AQ status is maintained. Probably would have by now if it was to implode. Notre Dame is fighting to keep this ship afloat as well as they want to keep things the same.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

What this once proud basketball conference need to do is go steal the top 3 or 4 schools from the A10 and CUSA to still have some national status as 1 of the top conferences.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Basketball has been the strength of the BE for years why would you want to take the only positive we have and throw that away? Vega is right get the top schools from a10 cusa...memphis, temple, houston, etc

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Basketball has been the strength of the BE for years why would you want to take the only positive we have and throw that away? Vega is right get the top schools from a10 cusa...memphis, temple, houston, etc

Because football TV contracts are like 3-4 times a basketball TV contract.

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

With WVU leaving, it takes away the unwieldy need for 17 BBall schools if UCF/SMU/UH are to join. If we also assume BSU/Navy/AFA, the other invite may very well be Army (or possibly still Temple) given my expectation that it won't be a school that wants in for all sports. This could still leave us in the "western" FBall division, although without WVU, UL/UC are less closely tied to the eastern teams.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

with all the schools that are laving you still think the tv contract is going to be the same size

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it is time big east become an all sports conference

please show some stones and throw nd out

Archived