• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Wow, after about 6 years I'm starting to figure this out.

Those 3 or 4 teams we front-load our schedule with each year must really really really suck bad. Always getting my hopes up and being fooled (just like the pollsters).

:angry:

Beat Rutgers, please.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

They usually are, with the exception of the one FSU, ND, or UF.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Those 3 or 4 teams we front-load our schedule with each year must really really really suck bad. Always getting my hopes up and being fooled (just like the pollsters).

Beat Rutgers, please.

It's 5years and yeah they usually do suck. It is a good formula putting those games in at the front end because it does help our team get game time experience early on in the season without playing the "heavy hitters" on our schedule yet. But I think it has given our team/press/fanbase a false sense of security that they are a good to great team and then they get smacked in the mouth when they play a team worth a ****,

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Beat Rutgers, please.

those teams dont prepare us for the big east grind

i have been saying this for about a decade

• Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

those teams dont prepare us for the big east grind

i have been saying this for about a decade

I agree with Smazza. USF should considering dropping the I-AA team and just playing another BCS team it would be rather tough to scheduled since most BCS teams would probably not want to play USF considering their Non Big East BCS track record. even if it is a lower tier school from the Big 12, Big 10 or SEC heck be adventurous and go out to the PAC-10. Obviously the current formula is not working.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Well don't look now....but odds are since won't have TCU on our road schedule as originally planned......expect a 2nd FCS game.....probably against our old friend Charleston Southern.

Just go ahead and schedule the gnats. I'd take them over another irrelevant, poorly attended charleston southern game any day of the week (except Thursday).

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Well don't look now....but odds are since won't have TCU on our road schedule as originally planned......expect a 2nd FCS game.....probably against our old friend Charleston Southern.

If the league adds Navy, then that would take care of it.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

**2 Cents**

USF fails at scheduling and that comes down from the AD...

Now a big problem has been that we don't have a full conference and only had 8 teams, so we have been forced to sign some real turds in years past... but that should all stop next season going forward... one way or another we will be in a full 12 team conference in 2012 or 2013 at the latest so we should stop scheduling your Stony Brooks and Charleston Southerns unless its for Homecoming on a very bad year.

We should try to schedule low ranking BCS teams like Vandy, Duke, Iowa State, Northwestern, Baylor, etc. from now on... I know we have Indiana next year or something which is a good start. This season was not too bad, we played an okay Ball State team and a decent UTEP team... FAMU was the weakest team we played this season.

Also we need to stop scheduling all but one of our OOC games in the front of the season... I would like to see them do this...

Game #1 = OOC Cup Cake

Game #2 = Weakest Big East team

Game #3 = OOC

Game #4 = Big East team

BYE WEEK

Game #5 = Big East team

Game #6 = Homecoming - OOC team

Game #7 = Big East team

BYE WEEK

Game #8 = Big East team

Game #9 = Big East team

Game #10 = OOC Rival Game or WV

Game #11 = Big East team

Game #12 = Big East team

We should do whatever we can to avoid playing Thursday games... Friday games are okay, but Thursday games need to stop... curses in sports are a ***** to break... ask the Cubs, Red Sox's, Dolphins, etc.

**2 Cents**

USF fails at scheduling and that comes down from the AD...

Now a big problem has been that we don't have a full conference and only had 8 teams, so we have been forced to sign some real turds in years past... but that should all stop next season going forward... one way or another we will be in a full 12 team conference in 2012 or 2013 at the latest so we should stop scheduling your Stony Brooks and Charleston Southerns unless its for Homecoming on a very bad year.

We should try to schedule low ranking BCS teams like Vandy, Duke, Iowa State, Northwestern, Baylor, etc. from now on... I know we have Indiana next year or something which is a good start. This season was not too bad, we played an okay Ball State team and a decent UTEP team... FAMU was the weakest team we played this season.

Also we need to stop scheduling all but one of our OOC games in the front of the season... I would like to see them do this...

Game #1 = OOC Cup Cake

Game #2 = Weakest Big East team

Game #3 = OOC

Game #4 = Big East team

BYE WEEK

Game #5 = Big East team

Game #6 = Homecoming - OOC team

Game #7 = Big East team

BYE WEEK

Game #8 = Big East team

Game #9 = Big East team

Game #10 = OOC Rival Game or WV

Game #11 = Big East team

Game #12 = Big East team

We should do whatever we can to avoid playing Thursday games... Friday games are okay, but Thursday games need to stop... curses in sports are a ***** to break... ask the Cubs, Red Sox's, Dolphins, etc.

I would I agree with you on the scheduling.

The problems are:

Since in the current BE, there are only 7 conf games, we tend to have the entire month of september open for 4 weeks of turds.

The BE signed the deal with ESPN for a number of Thursday and Friday games and sometimes even Wednesdays and Sundays. I think that's the deal we signed, and since we're the crappiest conference out there, we need to take what we can get. I don't think we'll be getting out of Thursday night games any time soon.

Archived