• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Realignment Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I decided to copy Dixie Bull's post title somewhat to talk about Urgency being a Key concerning winning but it looks as though most on here could care less about winning when compared to Alignment or an OCS.  Maybe that's why the coaches and the team were horrible against UConn..........they are as preoccupied with Alignment and an OCS as well. :o

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TherapyBull

Why is it one or the other, why not both. At this point all the university can do is look out for itself, like the rest of the country. Nobody wants us, we need to take a hard  look at ourselves and improve from within.

We got big east membership in title but never improved our substance. Bob Davie proclaimed during the international bowl two years ago that USf had the lowest recruiting budget in the country. If that is true what a sad state of affairs, because we got what we paid for. 3rd place big east.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Why is it one or the other, why not both. At this point all the university can do is look out for itself, like the rest of the country. Nobody wants us, we need to take a hard  look at ourselves and improve from within.

We got big east membership in title but never improved our substance. Bob Davie proclaimed during the international bowl two years ago that USf had the lowest recruiting budget in the country. If that is true what a sad state of affairs, because we got what we paid for. 3rd place big east.

Do you think the we had the lowest recruiting budget in the country because we were wanting to do it on the cheap?? How familiar are you with the business side of college football? The fact that you're just thinking we can just open our checkbooks and pay a buyout to get to another AQ conference AND finance an OCS, kind of shows me you're kind of new to all this ..

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I just heard via ESPN Radio that the SEC is moving to add Mizzou, and if this occurs before the Big East (a) raises the exit fee, and (B) adds 6 new teams, then the Big East is dead in the water for football. Its rumored that the BigXII will move on Louisville, Natti, and WV very soon if Mizzou continues its onward march to the SEC.

The Big East needs to add teams and raise the fee now... I bet Louisville, Natti, and WV are dragging their feet if this rumor is true...

Greg Swaim was reporting this three weeks ago, but everyone says he doesn't know what he's talking about.  I also read the same from a couple of other sources at the time.  Way to be on top of things, ESPN.

Someone else mentioned the B12 possibly adding two, and questions about BYU.  If Mizzou stays, the B12 is at ten and will stay that way for this year.  The B12 has TV needs to have at least ten schools.  If Mizzou leaves, the B12 would like to add UL, UC and WVU.  Not sure how that would work with TV with the 27 month wait the BE requires.  There is also rumor that the B12 has another school ready to step in for next year if need be.

The vote was to raise fees IF Navy and Air Force join.  Rumor had the BE waiting until Thursday to issue invites "so as not to take away from basketball media day".  I'm sure it isn't to buy time.  ::)

Keep in mind that Navy and Air Force will almost assuredly wait until the SEC and B12 are done before they accept.

In other words, kids, we ain't quite done with realignment for this year just yet.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I just heard via ESPN Radio that the SEC is moving to add Mizzou, and if this occurs before the Big East (a) raises the exit fee, and (B) adds 6 new teams, then the Big East is dead in the water for football. Its rumored that the BigXII will move on Louisville, Natti, and WV very soon if Mizzou continues its onward march to the SEC.

The Big East needs to add teams and raise the fee now... I bet Louisville, Natti, and WV are dragging their feet if this rumor is true...

Greg Swaim was reporting this three weeks ago, but everyone says he doesn't know what he's talking about.  I also read the same from a couple of other sources at the time.  Way to be on top of things, ESPN.

Someone else mentioned the B12 possibly adding two, and questions about BYU.  If Mizzou stays, the B12 is at ten and will stay that way for this year.  The B12 has TV needs to have at least ten schools.  If Mizzou leaves, the B12 would like to add UL, UC and WVU.  Not sure how that would work with TV with the 27 month wait the BE requires.  There is also rumor that the B12 has another school ready to step in for next year if need be.

The vote was to raise fees IF Navy and Air Force join.   Rumor had the BE waiting until Thursday to issue invites "so as not to take away from basketball media day".  I'm sure it isn't to buy time.   ::)

Keep in mind that Navy and Air Force will almost assuredly wait until the SEC and B12 are done before they accept.

In other words, kids, we ain't quite done with realignment for this year just yet.

Disagree... big east will expand by end of next week

Disagree... big east will expand by end of next week

Maybe, maybe not.  But how many of the "core six" will still be in the BE when it expands by the end of next week under your scenario?

Boise State's president is a hoot:

Boise State president Bob Kustra told the Idaho Statesman Saturday the Broncos have not told the Mountain West Conference it is definitely staying or leaving the league.

“If by some strange chance somebody came to us and said we’d like to invite you to join our conference, I’d have to say, ‘Well, you’ll have to give us time to do our due diligence and really spend the time on it.’ We’re not ready,†Kustra told the Statesman. “I have no idea how fast or slow this whole process is going to move.â€

;D

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

We need to take a step back and realize we are a 15 year old program that is an also ran in the weakest BCS league. We have no leverage or ability to make things happen. We are heading to a new conf usa that may or may not be a BCS league in two years, that is the reality. Maybe in another 10 years this will get resorted again and we can make the step up.

We are still going to see 16 team conferences, and it won't take ten years.  It will probably take longer than it should, but that's what happens when lawyers get involved.

Archived