• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

best remaining achievable goal for this season

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

MUST DO:

1.) Patch the hole in the SS. Big East with a bunch of **** teams and hope that its enough to keep our AQ status afloat.

2.) Vote to Raise the exit fee the highest amount possible.

I understand that USF can't do these things themselves, but we can throw what little weight around that we have to get it done.

POSSIBLE:

3.) Win the remaining home games (i.e. 4 games)... undefeated at home would be a major first since joining the Big East

4.) If we can win the remaining home games then we will be 8-4 on the year

5.) Get an invite to either the Pinstripe, Champs, or Liberty Bowl (best case at this point)

WHAT I EXPECT TO OCCUR:

6.) We will win 3 sloppy games and just become bowl eligible.

7.) If we can win 3 of the remaining 6 games on the schedule then we would be 7-5 (Typical record).

8). Get an invite to either the BBVA or Beef's Bowl... BBVA vs Georgia... Beef's vs UCF or Marshall...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

I'm thinking we bounce back strong and hoping we wind up with a finish in the top 5

...in Florida, anyway.

Seriously, though, our goal cannot change.  We have to be determined to win out in the conference.  Is that possible? Yes.  Likely? The last two weeks would seem to indicate no.  I may be a glutton for punishment; however, I still am not convinced we defined by those games.  I'm sticking with a best case 9-4.  If we don't eliminate the stupid errors 4-8 is not out of the realm of possibility. 

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Best remaining achievable goal is to put in a new OC, offense, and QB and get the team ready for next year.  Anyone who thinks that the boring Todd Fitch offense or our current QB will ever be in a position to allow us to win the BE is either completely dillusional or on something illegal. 

I have less than zero faith in the coaching right now.  They had the conference by the short hairs and decided all they had to do was go through the motions..............they are definitely weaker than the previous staff. Color me disappointed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtOzjbDvHy2o41FF73CEq7p2F6ScluouA4Z_mJQ3t2emyh4MEg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Best remaining achievable goal is to put in a new OC, offense, and QB and get the team ready for next year.  Anyone who thinks that the boring Todd Fitch offense or our current QB will ever be in a position to allow us to win the BE is either completely dillusional or on something illegal. 

I have less than zero faith in the coaching right now.  They had the conference by the short hairs and decided all they had to do was go through the motions..............they are definitely weaker than the previous staff. Color me disappointed.

Hasn't he been with Holtz a long time?  This must be Skip's way of thinking as well if he keeps him along.

And to the point of the topic, if we go 6 - 6 we'll be fortunate.  Maybe L'ville and 'Cuse.  Everything else looks like an L to me.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

win the next game

Smazza is on a roll lately.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

ideally, 10 wins, whether before or after the bowl game would be an improvement. That's all we can ask for. A BE championship would be beyond spectacular, but unless the coaches wake the f up that wont happen. Last year we won 8. As long as we win 9 then it's an improvement and Ill take it.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hasn't he been with Holtz a long time?  This must be Skip's way of thinking as well if he keeps him along.

And to the point of the topic, if we go 6 - 6 we'll be fortunate.  Maybe L'ville and 'Cuse.  Everything else looks like an L to me.

Eh this Bulls team looks an awful lot like last years Bulls team... only difference is that BJD is mediocre to average this season, whereas last season he was horrible and should had benched a number of times.

I think that we will beat Natti, just like we did last year around this time... beat Rutgers just like we did last year... lose o Cuse, beat Miami, beat Louisville, and lose to WV.

8-4 regular season record with a middle of the pack record in Big East play which will send us back to St. Pete or up to Bama.

Carbon copy of last years squad... same results this season... same results next season... we won't see any improvement until Skip gets his own players in the mix and Jimbo's boys move on.

Archived