• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What will Skip Say other than...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

"Outside of the opening drive of the game and the opening drive of the second half, offensively we couldn't put anything together consistently," said USF coach Skip Holtz.

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/usf-bulls/2011/oct/15/fumble-costly-as-usf-falls-to-uconn-ar-272303/

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Did he ever say anything after the Pitt game?  I never expected losses under Holtz like the two this team has just had.  I also thought I couldn't be more frustrated by a loss than I was a couple weeks ago, but I'm wrong on both counts. 

I'd love to hear from him how he intends to move forward from these last two games. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

I think Skip will take full blame.  I saw players playing better, with more effort.  He needs to explain why the offense sputtered.  We show glimpses of what we're capable.  I think he needs to take some blame and get this team better.  And to expect anything else is too much.

• Content Count:  1,479

I think Skip will take full blame.  I saw players playing better, with more effort.  He needs to explain why the offense sputtered.  We show glimpses of what we're capable.  I think he needs to take some blame and get this team better.  And to expect anything else is too much.

players were horrible on 3rd down. both games. the only improvement was on defense.

Yeah, after the Pitt game, I thought it would be rather clear I was talking about the defense  when I said the players played better and with more effort.

The offense, outside of cupcake games, is challenged and doesn't show much improvement. A couple good drives a game.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The offense, outside of cupcake games, is challenged and doesn't show much improvement. A couple good drives a game.

It goes from there to playcalling.  First couple of drives of the 2nd half is the best example.  Great drive to start the half, and boom, 2nd drive, they completely move away from EVERYTHING that was working on the first.  Dumb. 

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Last year they blamed the offensive woes on no receivers, what's the excuse now?

• Content Count:  579

Last year they blamed the offensive woes on no receivers, what's the excuse now?

Not throwing to those receivers.

I'm not Skip, but I guess he'll blame himself for not overseeing an offense that could move against UConn.  I have no idea.

Archived