• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

8va take on HOT Band/FAMU Shenanigans...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

The problem is the type of music they play. Football bands should be playing songs that show off the brass instruments. We play music that is either meant to be trumpet solo's or cute choppy notes that do not allow for the long solid notes that show off the brass sounds that SHOULD make up a marching band.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  743

This is my new favorite thread.

• Content Count:  2,726

HOT has always been a second rate college band, and this year is no different. I don't know if its because they have less people, but they really aren't loud at all. Plain and simple, they are not good.

exactly.  its like they have mufflers on their equipment or something.  i sit directly across from them and hardly hear them.  heard FAMU loud and clear last night.

HOT is a joke and so are people who think they are TBP ambassador for all things HOT and all things gay.  (like war flamingo and signing your own posts on a message board with your message board name tag....hey- here is a secret-  your user name is next to your post at the start of it.  we know who wrote it.  you don't need to sign it at the bottom)

Matt...you opinions are a joke.

If you like FAMU so much...than maybe you should go there.  They obviously have the market cornered for the Marching arts.  Bahaha...you have no clue.  

I wish more of you on here were less ignorant to the College Marching band world.  

Let me guess Matt, you didn't go to the Notre Dame game did ya?  If you saw their band...you might see what i'm talking about...but you prolly dont care anyway.

Btw, I know you disagree with me on the War Flamingo and the fact that HOT Band was decent last night.  Whatever, healthy debate is great.  Thats why we have this board.  Theres a reason that they call FAM's band the BEST IN THE WORLD.  They are the best at what they do...playing incredibly loud, and dancing(though they used to dance more).  And this is what the ley-fans of the world think college band should be.  

Most musical people outside of the MEAC think differently.  You want to see a good band? Look at LSU's Tigerband...who would play circles around FAM's band.

:2cents  or four cents. :)

And i'll do whatever I want to sign off thank you very much, go bulls!

8VA

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

HOT has always been a second rate college band, and this year is no different. I don't know if its because they have less people, but they really aren't loud at all. Plain and simple, they are not good.

exactly.  its like they have mufflers on their equipment or something.  i sit directly across from them and hardly hear them.  heard FAMU loud and clear last night.

HOT is a joke and so are people who think they are TBP ambassador for all things HOT and all things gay.  (like war flamingo and signing your own posts on a message board with your message board name tag....hey- here is a secret-  your user name is next to your post at the start of it.  we know who wrote it.  you don't need to sign it at the bottom)

Most musical people outside of the MEAC think differently.  You want to see a good band? Look at LSU's Tigerband...who would play circles around FAM's band.

I am all for scheduling LSU at rayjay.  Great idea!

• Content Count:  92

Good grief!  Why all the hate?  If you don't want to read about or discuss the band, then don't open up the thread.  

The marching band adds to the atmosphere of the college football game. Some of us appreciate the contributions of the band to the total college football experience and so I think this thread is appropriate on this board.  Is HOT a top band?  No way.  But that's no reason to attack the poster or the tread.  

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

You can't have college or H.S. football without a band. Even back in the day, the Bucs had a small professional band in the stands that sat in a corner of the endzone. Visiting local H.S. bands that would play at half time would sit on the opposite end. Its one of the GREAT traditions of college football, like it or not.

• Content Count:  12,293

Bands are cool

8va and his self absorbed, childish rants...... not so much

• Content Count:  2,726

Bands are cool

Self absorbed? Childish rants about how I appreciate HOT?

You sir are ridiculous. 

GO BULLS!!!

8va

• Content Count:  4,879

Bands are cool

he and his bud spun some nice tails as they snuck into the mid-field seating section

hot became N.O.T. when they put flag waving boys in v-necks on the field

• Content Count:  92

It seems the band is not consistent this year in when and what it plays.  The first down song was really inconsistent last night.  To me, that's a great tradition that I'd like to see continue.  Of course, it's competing with the PA prompting the crowd to say "first down!".  We should have one or the other.  And why are there so few members this year?  It seems like the numbers have been steadily dropping over the past few years.

Archived