• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

8va take on HOT Band/FAMU Shenanigans...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

if u didn't like the FAMU Marching 100 last night then u are a douche, plain and simple.

the Marching 100 is one of the most recognizable and entertaining traditions in college athletics, equal in status to the flying of the War Eagle at Auburn or the throwing of the spear at midfield at FSU.

they outplayed HOT last night by a mile. that's not to take anything away from HOT because there isn't a college marching band in the country that can top FAMU. that is why they were given the green light to play what they wanted when they wanted, and why the vast majority of fans in the stands from EITHER side stayed in their seats during halftime.

if it was up to me, i would have cut the stadium music and enjoyed the Marching 100, and everyone i spoke to in my section felt the same. do we really need to hear "All I do Is We We Weeee no Matter What" for the 18637257th time 5 years in a row?

it was also disappointed to see Bulls fans-- noticed some down in the front of 125 and over in 126-- ridiculing the band and being antagonistic towards one of the most talented group of student musicians in the country... why?

our team was clearly superior on the field and their fans were extremely gracious, cordial and friendly compared to many of the scumbag fans we see during the year (namely Buttgers and Thug U). is it REALLY necessary to show such animus towards the ONE thing FAMU does better than nearly everyone else in the college football world?

c'mon son!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

if u didn't like the FAMU Marching 100 last night then u are a douche, plain and simple.

the Marching 100 is one of the most recognizable and entertaining traditions in college athletics, equal in status to the flying of the War Eagle at Auburn or the throwing of the spear at midfield at FSU.

they outplayed HOT last night by a mile. that's not to take anything away from HOT because there isn't a college marching band in the country that can top FAMU. that is why they were given the green light to play what they wanted when they wanted, and why the vast majority of fans in the stands from EITHER side stayed in their seats during halftime.

if it was up to me, i would have cut the stadium music and enjoyed the Marching 100, and everyone i spoke to in my section felt the same. do we really need to hear "All I do Is We We Weeee no Matter What" for the 18637257th time 5 years in a row?

it was also disappointed to see Bulls fans-- noticed some down in the front of 125 and over in 126-- ridiculing the band and being antagonistic towards one of the most talented group of student musicians in the country... why?

our team was clearly superior on the field and their fans were extremely gracious, cordial and friendly compared to many of the scumbag fans we see during the year (namely Buttgers and Thug U). is it REALLY necessary to show such animus towards the ONE thing FAMU does better than nearly everyone else in the college football world?

c'mon son!

Absolutely! 

Couldn't agree with you more...in fact BOTH my directors in Middle School and High School went to fam.  Love 'em...even went down to the front to hear HOT and FAM and even thanked some of the FAM  band members for coming to RayJay. 

Whoever was ridiculing them is clearly ridiculous. 

Do i have ideological differences with what College marching band should be?  Yep. 

But I've always said...FAM does what they do better than anyone else...and it is truly a spectacle. 

HOT Band has potential...always had.  When will they capitalize...?  In time. 

am i delusional? probably. 

GO BULLS!!!

8va

• Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

I must be ignorant because I enjoyed the FAMU band immensely.  They were entertaining, crisp, loud and fun.  I am not sure what the HOT band is supposed to be but the PA announcer had to tell us what they were playing and it was still unrecognizable.  Our guys looked like trees standing out there.

Sorry HOT, I know you work hard but something is missing.  If the HOT performance last night was traditional "marching arts" I think the whole concept should be rethought. 

• Content Count:  4,738

what conference will the band get invited to?

• Content Count:  377

Was our band at the stadium tonight?  All I heard was FAMU as I was sitting second level directly across from them.  They are LOUD!

• Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

I don't understand what all the hate about HOT band is.  Look folk, without the HOT band, a lot of the traditions wouldn't exist.

Not only do we need to preserve the integrity of it, but we need to feature it a little more.

...Where would you be without the S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A?

... or the #8 where we throw our horns up in the air?

... or the 1st down cheer where we all scream in unison "GO BULLS"

Yeah yeah, football football football.  It's about the football team.  I get it, I know. But it's really not.  We can't affect it.  We control ourselves and it's about making our voice heard. Why are these stadiums around the country known for their legacy?  It's because of their atmosphere and it's directly correlated to the band.

You say "BAAA, DA DA DA DA" to a person in Orange and Blue and what do they say?  "GO GATORS".  All 90,000 of them

You say "OHHHHH, OH, OHOHOHHHHHH".  What do you do?  You bend your arm forward with your fingers together and chop.  All 85,000 of them

The Gator chomp is led by the drumline

The Florida State spellout is in the middle of the fight song

LSU screams out T I G E R S in the middle of the touchdown song

115,000 in maize and blue all singing Hail to the Victors?

This is all provided by who.  Dorks in shakos, 3 layers of clothing, and out there to make sure you can provide the best college atmosphere in the nation. 

I was an inaugural member of HOT in '99, and we didn't have downs cheers.  I don't even remember the people around us in the stands doing the spell out in the fight song.  And look at what it's become.  You can't tell me for one minute that your activity at USF games hasn't been directly affected by the HOT band.  Embrace that!

Stop with the "who cares about HOT band" and stop giving Dave ****.  Seriously!  We can sit here until we're blue in the face dissecting BJ, and AJ Love, and CSH... but we can't control any of that.  It's all fodder.  What can you control?  Control how you contribute as a fan ... and let the HOT band assist you in doing it

... by creating the atmosphere.

• Content Count:  578

Wasn't that you? You made it a point to go down to the front row with your buddy and wave a flag in their face. You then decided to run across to the other side of 113 to continue. Everyone in our section saw you and everyone commented on how douchey it was. You were even screaming at them during the 3rd quarter from your seat.

Unless you have a twin that wears an 8_Va #95 jersey like in your avatar.  ???

Wasn't that you? You made it a point to go down to the front row with your buddy and wave a flag in their face. You then decided to run across to the other side of 113 to continue. Everyone in our section saw you and everyone commented on how douchey it was. You were even screaming at them during the 3rd quarter from your seat.

Unless you have a twin that wears an 8_Va #95 jersey like in your avatar.  ???

What you call ridiculing was not what I was doing.  If you were watching, I actually shook some of their hands.  Because I knew some of those kids high school directors. 

8va

And furthermore!  Was I yelling at the FAMU band in the 2nd half from my seat?! 

Yes!  Cause they wouldnt stop playing!!!  During football play!!!

You are not supposed to play when the game is going on...period.   

Granted...if I were losing by 50+ points...I wouldnt give a **** either. 

But seriously...playing after the ball is snapped...lame, and low class.

Go Bulls! 

8va

Archived