• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Nordenberg be sued for violating his fiduciary responsibility

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Would love to see action here...but probably not going to happen.

A law suit would lead to REALLY interesting E-Discovery. We could have the makings of a soap opera, including emails, cell phone records, etc.

What grounds will we have to sue when it comes out that USF, WVU, UL, and Cincy all had their resumes submitted to the ACC right next to the Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers, and UConn pile?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

number one qualifiaction to be a university president is to be a hypocrit

it is all about chasing the money

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Would love to see action here...but probably not going to happen.

A law suit would lead to REALLY interesting E-Discovery. We could have the makings of a soap opera, including emails, cell phone records, etc.

What grounds will we have to sue when it comes out that USF, WVU, UL, and Cincy all had their resumes submitted to the ACC right next to the Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers, and UConn pile?

The possibility that he did table the ESPN deal while secretly pushing his Panthers to the ACC. If anyone else had tabled the contract discussions who was not on the executive committee there may not be a lawsuit. But if he has a fiduciary responsibility to the Big East when he is on the executive committee, they may be able to show that he broke a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of the Big East.

Assume that is possible. It makes the lawsuit possible which makes the e-discovery process begin. (Of course all of that ESI data might be available with a freedom of information act request) But a freedom of information act request doesnt have the bite that a request for e-discovery has, especially if the Panther's cannot comply with a judges request.

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

remember that Pitt was also leading the charge against Nova.

Not that I wanted Nova, but in retrospect keeping them out solved one more potential lawsuit those bastards would have had to deal with.  You think Baylor was mad?  Imagine committing a huge chunk of money to move up to a league that fell apart.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Interesting thoughts

• Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

The new BE contract would be null and void with the teams leaving anyways.  I don't see where he hurt the BE at all.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The new BE contract would be null and void with the teams leaving anyways.  I don't see where he hurt the BE at all.

You have to speak slowly to Knight fans.

The new contract would be significantly more money.  A raise in exit fees would certainly have accompanied the new contract.  The new contract would have increased the attractiveness to other schools, and would have kept Pitt and Syracuse from leaving.

Nordenberg knew all this, and wanted to leave so he engineered turning down the contract.  Then he could go back to his board of governors and tell them how bad things are in the Big East and convince them to jump ship.  With the new contract, he would not have been able to convince them of that.

Archived