• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Victor's Club

KB

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

An on campus stadium is needed to take the university to the next level. I am currently in grad school at FSU and it is so much different here. Alum come into town for games and there is networking taking place over the weekend, which is difficult at USF. We need to get alumni on campus and have them making a weekend out of it, not just a day trip to Ray Jay.

^This X 1,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm in favor of an OCS...have been since day one.  However, that won't change the fact that we are referred to as a commuter school, a directional school, "second-rate" and Drive thru U on top of being confused with UCiF.  But it helps..  :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

An on campus stadium is needed to take the university to the next level. I am currently in grad school at FSU and it is so much different here. Alum come into town for games and there is networking taking place over the weekend, which is difficult at USF. We need to get alumni on campus and have them making a weekend out of it, not just a day trip to Ray Jay.

That is not because of the stadium.  It is not like Ray Jay is in another city.  That is a product of the school getting people together, and that has created a tight knit society that is lacking at USF. Also, are you in a fraternity?  Are you seeing alum on the weekend because they are stopping by the frat house?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

^This X 1,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm in favor of an OCS...have been since day one.  However, that won't change the fact that we are referred to as a commuter school, a directional school, "second-rate" and Drive thru U on top of being confused with UCiF.  But it helps..  :)

Helps what?

And why are all those people in Tallahassee coming back to the campus to network on Sunday ... and where do they go?

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

here is my dilemma now... i want to join the victors club but i want club lvl season tickets...

do both

or choose one

I would do ticket upgrade 1st, vc 2nd.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

nobody stays in tally after graduation. even if we have an OCS, I'm not staying at a hotel on fowler when I live in Tampa.

• Content Count:  260

That is not because of the stadium.  It is not like Ray Jay is in another city.  That is a product of the school getting people together, and that has created a tight knit society that is lacking at USF. Also, are you in a fraternity?  Are you seeing alum on the weekend because they are stopping by the frat house?

No, I am not in a frat. There are so many alum that live in the Tampa Bay area that don't come back to campus after they graduate. If alum are coming on campus, it is going to keep them more connected to the university and more likely to give back and stay more involved.

Helps what?

And why are all those people in Tallahassee coming back to the campus to network on Sunday ... and where do they go?

It is more on Fridays. For example, we cannot park in certain lots on Thursday and Fridays because they are used for the people coming into town for the games. There are also events that take place on campus and in the area on the fridays before the games.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

For the people that dont see the advantages of having an OCS, you need to get a clue. USF games are more like Bucs games instead of FSU games. The overall game day atmosphere and having alum come back to campus is a huge thing. We lack alumni involvement becuase there is no reason for them to come back to campus after they graduate. Having an OCS brings them back to campus on the weekends, thus keping them involved. Games at Ray Jay are just like the Bucs..just drive over, drink some beer in the parking lot and go in to the stadium that isnt ours. Go to a gameday in Tally or Gainesville if you havent, you will see what Im talking about.

nobody stays in tally after graduation. even if we have an OCS, I'm not staying at a hotel on fowler when I live in Tampa.

And not everyone stays in Tampa. I went to a USF alumni event for the ND game and they said there are over 2,000 USF alum in the Tallahassee area. USF has alum spread throughout the state and nation. It is important to get them back on campus and become more involved. When you are spending time on campus on a weekly basis, you are more likely to want to give back because you still feel connected. Sorry, that is just not the case with Ray Jay.

For the people that dont see the advantages of having an OCS, you need to get a clue. USF games are more like Bucs games instead of FSU games. The overall game day atmosphere and having alum come back to campus is a huge thing. We lack alumni involvement becuase there is no reason for them to come back to campus after they graduate. Having an OCS brings them back to campus on the weekends, thus keping them involved. Games at Ray Jay are just like the Bucs..just drive over, drink some beer in the parking lot and go in to the stadium that isnt ours. Go to a gameday in Tally or Gainesville if you havent, you will see what Im talking about.

Exactly

Archived