• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Victor's Club

KB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

An on campus stadium is needed to take the university to the next level. I am currently in grad school at FSU and it is so much different here. Alum come into town for games and there is networking taking place over the weekend, which is difficult at USF. We need to get alumni on campus and have them making a weekend out of it, not just a day trip to Ray Jay.

nobody stays in tally after graduation. even if we have an OCS, I'm not staying at a hotel on fowler when I live in Tampa.

And not everyone stays in Tampa. I went to a USF alumni event for the ND game and they said there are over 2,000 USF alum in the Tallahassee area. USF has alum spread throughout the state and nation. It is important to get them back on campus and become more involved. When you are spending time on campus on a weekly basis, you are more likely to want to give back because you still feel connected. Sorry, that is just not the case with Ray Jay.

Bingo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

An on campus stadium is needed to take the university to the next level. I am currently in grad school at FSU and it is so much different here. Alum come into town for games and there is networking taking place over the weekend, which is difficult at USF. We need to get alumni on campus and have them making a weekend out of it, not just a day trip to Ray Jay.

nobody stays in tally after graduation. even if we have an OCS, I'm not staying at a hotel on fowler when I live in Tampa.

And not everyone stays in Tampa. I went to a USF alumni event for the ND game and they said there are over 2,000 USF alum in the Tallahassee area. USF has alum spread throughout the state and nation. It is important to get them back on campus and become more involved. When you are spending time on campus on a weekly basis, you are more likely to want to give back because you still feel connected. Sorry, that is just not the case with Ray Jay.

so we need to build a $150M stadium to draw alumni back to campus in order to give?

doesn't make much financial sense

For the people that dont see the advantages of having an OCS, you need to get a clue. USF games are more like Bucs games instead of FSU games. The overall game day atmosphere and having alum come back to campus is a huge thing. We lack alumni involvement becuase there is no reason for them to come back to campus after they graduate. Having an OCS brings them back to campus on the weekends, thus keping them involved. Games at Ray Jay are just like the Bucs..just drive over, drink some beer in the parking lot and go in to the stadium that isnt ours. Go to a gameday in Tally or Gainesville if you havent, you will see what Im talking about.

I've been to both. it seems to me Gator and Nole fans drive up, tailgate on campus, and then leave. not sure what you mean by involvement?

I'm not against an OCS but it makes absolutely no financial sense whatsoever. if we had the extra cash laying around then yes it could be a nice luxury to have but I don't get the whole involvement angle. they do the same that we do. drive to stadium, tailgate and then leave. the only difference is they do it on their campus. they have huge additional costs associated with it.

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

For the people that dont see the advantages of having an OCS, you need to get a clue. USF games are more like Bucs games instead of FSU games. The overall game day atmosphere and having alum come back to campus is a huge thing. We lack alumni involvement becuase there is no reason for them to come back to campus after they graduate. Having an OCS brings them back to campus on the weekends, thus keping them involved. Games at Ray Jay are just like the Bucs..just drive over, drink some beer in the parking lot and go in to the stadium that isnt ours. Go to a gameday in Tally or Gainesville if you havent, you will see what Im talking about.

I've been to both. it seems to me Gator and Nole fans drive up, tailgate on campus, and then leave. not sure what you mean by involvement?

I'm not against an OCS but it makes absolutely no financial sense whatsoever. if we had the extra cash laying around then yes it could be a nice luxury to have but I don't get the whole involvement angle. they do the same that we do. drive to stadium, tailgate and then leave. the only difference is they do it on their campus. they have huge additional costs associated with it.

You're really going to argue this? Clearly you haven't spent much time at other schools to see how things are done.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

^This X 1,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm in favor of an OCS...have been since day one.  However, that won't change the fact that we are referred to as a commuter school, a directional school, "second-rate" and Drive thru U on top of being confused with UCiF.  But it helps..  :)

Helps what?

And why are all those people in Tallahassee coming back to the campus to network on Sunday ... and where do they go?

It is more on Fridays. For example, we cannot park in certain lots on Thursday and Fridays because they are used for the people coming into town for the games. There are also events that take place on campus and in the area on the fridays before the games.

That makes more sense, then ... I wasn't considering Friday as a weekend.

You're really going to argue this? Clearly you haven't spent much time at other schools to see how things are done.

please enlighten me. my gator friends drive up, tailgate at the stadium and then leave campus. am I missing something?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Whah??? You mean they don't stop by the College of Anthropology and review the latest applied research findings?  Maybe swing by the College of Engineering and sit in on a couple of Thermal lectures?  And all this time I thought I was really missing out being at Ray Jay...

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Bull94

my gator friends
 Is this allowed?  ;)

• Content Count:  260

please enlighten me. my gator friends drive up, tailgate at the stadium and then leave campus. am I missing something?

http://www.tallahasseedowntown.com/events4.shtml

• Content Count:  743

As a kid I grew up a gator fan. We used to go on campus, wall past all these cool buildings, go into the basketball stadium, and see the while college while there. That made me beg my parents to go to basketball and baseball games and want to be more a part of that school. I would imagine the alumni there drive through, reminisce about their experiences there and feel more connected with the school again. Maybe they see the basketball stadium and think what I did. I don't think there is really an argument that an ocs would keep alumni more inolved. Of course it would

Archived