• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hope ND wins

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

First off I'll say this, I hate Brian Kelly. But After meeting ND fans and spending a day with them, I hope they do very well this year. Those people might have been the nicest people I've ever visited.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I would be a lot more worried about losing Snyder right now than I would be Skip. Snyder may be the best coach on our sideline. He and KP are gonna be big targets at seasons end. Quite frankly, I;m surprised we didn't get raided last year. We flew under the radar last OS, we won't be so lucky again, especially if we win a bunch.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I would be a lot more worried about losing Snyder right now than I would be Skip. Snyder may be the best coach on our sideline. He and KP are gonna be big targets at seasons end. Quite frankly, I;m surprised we didn't get raided last year. We flew under the radar last OS, we won't be so lucky again, especially if we win a bunch.

Agreed. Synder may be the most valuable piece to the puzzle.

Hopefully Holtz can find a capable replacement for him.

FWIW, I'm still not sold on Fitch being a BCS OC. Wouldn't mind "losing" him per se.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Holtz has middle school and high school aged kids.  his dad lives in orlando.

if he leaves us in the next 2 years ill be shocked.

Don' tforget the wife's fam in Port Charlotte. There's plenty keeping him here.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

You guys are crazy if you honestly think that Holtz wouldn't leave USF for a bigger program.  It will happen, I just hope not for a while.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You guys are crazy if you honestly think that Holtz wouldn't leave USF for a bigger program.  It will happen, I just hope not for a while.

I think that Family is more important to him than just about anything else. Plus, it's not like he can't win here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I think that Family is more important to him than just about anything else. Plus, it's not like he can't win here.

He didn't negotiate with a lawyer when he signed with us. I think he can see he can make a name for himself here and not be a legends son at ND ... there is already a statue of Skip in Notre Dame. He wants a statue of himself here also.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I wish Kelly the best of luck and hope that he can turn the program around... I wish this only because I don't want them to come after Skip, which they will do if Kelly does not work out.

Also I hope that ND goes on a rip for the rest of the season and wins the rest of their games... I especially hope they trounce Pitt.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It's really difficult for me to root for Brian Kelly. However, I will be rooting for him to annihilate Pitt, right before we play them.  :D

Considering our head coach has a "Notre Dame Clause" in his contract you should root for them each and every week from here on out.......

Well, before the season ND was the odds on favorite to take the Champs bowl. Right now we have the tie breaker over them. So, I would at least like to see ND lose a few more games and end up with a mediocre record, so even if we slip that bowl might take us over them. If we don't go to a BCS game, I'd hate to end up in a crappy bowl, because the Meineke [which I like] won't take us again this year.

I'm not going to lose sleep over Holtz going to ND in the future. Enjoy it while I can.

South Florida at Notre Dame is the Champs Sports Bowl Game Of The Week

August 31, 2011 11:52

ImageHandler.ashx?Width=400&Height=300&HomeDirectory=%2fPortals%2f0%2f&FileName=1_11-0830-Champs-Sports-Bowl-Game.jpg&PortalID=0&q=1

Share | This season, pick who you think will win the Champs Sports Bowl Game of the Week and WIN! Answer the question on the Champs Sports Bowl Facebook page before Saturday's game. If you pick correctly, you'll be entered into a drawing to win two tickets to the Champs Sports Bowl on December 29, 2011!

First meeting

The 2011 season kicks off with a homecoming of sorts as South Florida head coach Skip Holtz returns to his alma mater for a showdown with Brian Kelly and Notre Dame. Last year, the Bulls and Irish were late contenders for the Champs Sports Bowl before West Virginia’s 9-3 record proved too good to pass up. Expectations are higher for both teams this season and both are mentioned in preseason Champs Sports Bowl predictions, so an early-season game like this could have an impact on Selection Sunday in December.

USF looks to improve on last year’s 8-5 finish in its second year under Holtz. The Bulls have not won more than nine games in a single season since moving up to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) in 1997. Redshirt junior B.J. Daniels returns as starting quarterback following one of the best performances of his career against Clemson in the Meineke Car Care Bowl (20-of-27 with two touchdowns plus another score on the ground). That game was a breakthrough for a team with a mixed record against BCS conference opponents. Although they have pulled upsets against Florida State and Miami on the road in the past two seasons, the Bulls were throttled by a middling Florida team in Gainesville last September.

With an early-season gauntlet that also features Michigan, Michigan State and Pittsburgh, Notre Dame will need an early spark to “stir the echoes†in Kelly’s second season. It hopes to find that spark in senior quarterback Dayne Crist, who was recently named the starter over sophomore Tommy Rees. Crist is returning from a knee injury that ended his 2010 season in October and his ability to understand Kelly’s spread offense will be key this year. Though many Irish fans have their eyes on a BCS berth, pundits are preaching caution and expecting a stop in Orlando this December before they become national championship contenders.

This will be Holtz’s first time standing on the visitors’ sideline in South Bend. A former Irish walk-on, he served under coaching legends Bobby Bowden and Earle Bruce before taking an assistant coaching position with his father, Lou, from 1990-1993.

Extra Points: Notre Dame last played in Orlando in 2000, beating Navy, 45-14. South Florida has been in Orlando twice to play UCF (winning both times), but only one of those games (2006) was played in the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium.

Ready to make your pick? Head over to the Champs Sports Bowl Facebook page, answer the latest Question and you could win two tickets to the game!

Posted in: Champs Sports Bowl

http://www.fcsports.com/ChampsSportsBowl/News/tabid/102/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3541/South_Florida_at_Notre_Dame_is_the_Champs_Sports_Bowl_Game_Of_The_Week.aspx

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

They need to lose onr more if we run the table a one loss nd team would probably leap us

Archived