• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hope ND wins

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Skip would leave USF to coach ND, no doubt in my mind. I don't think that will happen for some time though. I wish the ND the best of luck the remainder of the year. I think they have a crazy talented team with tons of athletes. Those guys were big, cut and fast. It's like they give out offers based on a physical size. They did seam poorly coached and undisciplined  I personally would like to see Pitt beat ND. Helps BE strength and would help us if we beat Pitt down the road.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,204

Definitely not rooting for ND next week as my mom went to Michigan and I grew up as a big fan of the Wolverines.  I also won't root for them against Pitt.

Realistically, if ND loses to Michigan next week then they'll be looking at 0-3 with Michigan State up next and Pitt could make them 0-4.  

Michigan, Michigan State, Pitt, Air Force, USC, Navy, Boston College, and Stanford are all potential losses for the Irish.  If things swing badly for the Irish in the first four games then it can go down hill fast with them ending up with a 5 win season or worse.

If Brian Kelly cannot turn around ND, could it be that the school as a traditional power would be done?  They haven't been truly relevant in a long time.  I don't want to diminish our win, but this isn't the Notre Dame of the 80s and 90s that I grew up with.  

If they do have a terrible season, how long will Kelly last?

• Content Count:  477

What I've been hoping (and rooting) for since we joined the BE was for ND to do so poorly that they'd give up being independent and realize they'd do better if they'd go all-in with the BE.  They play such a difficult schedule year in and year out--life would be easier in the BE. 

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

It's really difficult for me to root for Brian Kelly. However, I will be rooting for him to annihilate Pitt, right before we play them.  :D

Considering our head coach has a "Notre Dame Clause" in his contract you should root for them each and every week from here on out.......

No... He doesn't

Unless you provide proof.. don't post false information

Holtz contract:

Salary:

Five-year, $9.1 million

$1.7 million annually in the first two seasons of the contract,

$1.8 million in 2012,

$1.9 million in 2013,

$2 million in the final year in 2014.

Holtz's base salary each season is $500,000.

$1 million buyout clause in effect for the first two years of the contract.

Assistants:

A pool of :

$1.55 million in 2010,

$1.65 million in 2011,

$1.75 million in 2011.

In the final two years of the contract, Holtz is granted the ability to renegotiate the salary pool for his assistants.

Performance-based bonus clauses:

Winning BCS National Championship: $250,000

Participating in BCS title game: $200,000

Winning Big East BCS berth: $100,000

Selected for BCS at-large bid: $75,000

Selected for non-BCS bowl bid: $25,000

Winning Big East Coach of the Year $50,000

Final Top 10 ranking: $50,000  (in either AP or USA Today/Coaches' Poll final poll of year)

Source:

http://beta2.tbo.com/sports/sports/2010/jan/14/holtz-signs-usf-contract-ar-55492/

Archived