• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And we thought Leavitt's performance at Rutgers was a bit intense...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Feels great to get a win against him. 

feels-good-man.jpg?w=500&h=375

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

Any photo or video pulls of BK's most purple moments?  Man I do not miss having a psycho on the sidelines.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Found a few pix of an unhappy Kelly, but none with the purple, vein-busting look...

After the game, looking daggers at Skip

img15523355.jpg

During the game

MediaHandler.ashx?portalid=8&moduleid=1504&mediaid=17548&width=300&height=169

BrianKellyCrist_091210.jpg

This one wouldn't display for some reason...

http://www.chron.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1573458&width=628&height=471

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

i was having a similar conversation with my wife about this.

we would talk about how much he belittles his players in front of the world. 

i remember reading a quote from Skip Holtz about that Punt Block that everyone asks him about while he was at ND as a player.

He said something to the effect- 'i know how it feels to be the player to screw up.  no one feels worse than you.  so when that happens to one of my guys i just tell them hey i know what you are going thru.  lets focus and get better'

obviously that isn't a word for word quote on what he said but it was something similar.  i have very glad to have Holtz.  as fun as it was to what Leavitt lose it every once in a while....you can really see how silly he probably looked to the opposing team fanbase.

no doubt

You could literally see the exasperation in the kids faces when he was yelling directly in their faces anytime they screwed up. I am not a fan of that style of coaching-- and even though I was always a fan of CJL, it was his main problem far too often. Being emotional can be helpful sometimes but losing your **** at your players over and over again every time something goes wrong doesn't help them. You see him do it to his assistant coaches too-- I thought I saw one just trying someplace to dodge his glare after a mistake. IN a game with 5 turnovers, it is amazing he didn't explode on the sideline.

but ****--- it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT to finally beat this bum after all those times he beat us with the Bearcats. I have to give it up to Skip on that account-- he seems to be able to beat all the people CJL had trouble with in recent years. He did lose  to Cuse (something CJL never did) but I am hopeful he can get that rectified this year. One game at a time though-- Bring on Ball State

• Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Kelly is a d-bag!

Go Bulls, another program defining game baby!

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not a screaming gif but another good one

nd3.gif

Think the screaming gif above was based on this play.  I think Kelly's demons came out most when that play happened.  To be honest, I agree the kid should have been chewed out, but not like that.  I counted about 2 F-bombs and God knows what else. 

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Could not have happened to a nicer guy.   He was really pissed last night, I thought at won point they were going to have to get the paddles on him as he stoked out.  

Wow, they can forgive Mr. DUI Floyd but not the mistakes of his other players. 

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

IMO, CJL got himself canned because of his embarrassing uncontrolled outbursts on national TV at RU in 2007. It just took another 2 years to find (manufacture?) a good enough reason to fire the "founder" without upsetting some important boosters.

Kelly might have just had his "rutgers moment". What an embarrassment to a very proud school.

We are the coach-killers, the mighty mighty coach-killers! Go Bulls!!

Archived