• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

McMurphy is hot on the tails of the next Hillsborough County purse snatcher. He doesn't have time to publish the forbidden depth chart. Maybe our other beat writer will get one out.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

McMurphy is not going to expose Miller, a key conspirator as a lying purse snatcher.  He might get some of that mess on himself.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Let it go Bulliever... He's been given a bad enough punishment since his departure two years ago. He's now covering a less glorious national beat, having to watch meaningless games between UM and MD next weekend and USC and ECU. The following weekend he has to attend the Notre Dame-Michigan game which will feature a winless Irish team vs a 1-0 Michigan team. I'm sure not being on the USF beat is a torture for him considering how good we are this season... Not covering the greatest University in the world full time would suck honestly especially with a good guy such as Skip Holtz to talk too!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't know, I just find it funny that someone involved in the largest scandal that USF's football program has sustained is not at all relevant and shouldn't be involved in USF blogs, but, a former player's marital problems are fair game for the greatest investigative reporter to ever cover USF. This guy dragged a former player through the mud, and in doing so, likely cost Moffitt a real shot at the NFL (and all of the $$ he could have made), and he's great.

GA does a story on a 50+ y/o former police officer who just so happened to use that status as "credibility" during the whole Leavitt ordeal and that makes him trash ?

You're completely irrational on this one. GA does a great job covering the Bulls. But, he went to UF, and, like 99% of everyone on this board, he has seen some opportunities come up that would help his family's finances and explored those options, and for those two things, you hate him. You also clearly hated Leavitt and, so, you're fine with him being ousted, no matter how credible the "investigation" was because you feel like he got what he deserved. (including a nice settlement because USF at the end of the day knew that they would be paying him something due to the way things were handled)

As a journalist, covering my team, I am very happy that GA tries to become friends with the coaches. GA never got shut out like BMM did. If MY beat writer was always trying to cause issues and in doing so got himself shut out, I would think that it would be difficult for him to provide me all of the inside info that I as a fan want to see about my team. I could give 2 violation where he went to school, GA is consistently the best source of information for USF athletics. He made a bad decision as an 18 y/o kid, but, I won't hold that against him ;)

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Moffitt's paper scandal had nothing to do with him making it in the NFL.

you really think the NFL cares about something like that?  He didnt make it in the NFL because he just wasn't NFL caliber on the field.

there are guys who played in the NFL after committing DUI manslaughter. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

How the hell did this turn from a questions about the depth chart to Bulliever V Sherriff V Orlando V others about Miller Sr.????  ::)

Can we get it back on topic?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Sheriff, I was just responding to your suggestion Brett would get involved.  He wouldn't.  It wouldn't fit his modus operandi.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

How the hell did this turn from a questions about the depth chart to Bulliever V Sherriff V Orlando V others about Miller Sr.????  ::)

Can we get it back on topic?

:backtotopic

I think this sums up the situation rather nicely:

I think there's a sentiment that Notre Dame hasn't produced one, so why should USF.

Archived