• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Derrick Calloway, DT, Manatee HS, Bradenton, FL (2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

This may be a wildcard. He had TTU as his leader 3 weeks ago, now they aren't even top 3. Has officials set to UL and USF in Jan.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

his officials are after his announcement date

interesting

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I know your right lol but link?

http://southflorida....spid=-1&yr=2013

This is Louisville's list even though it has USF layout.

Edited by feardabull

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Say what?

At Western Kentucky, Taggart convinced 33 Florida products to become Hilltoppers.

Today, he has to woo just one.

Aren't there almost a dozen guys visiting this weekend?

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Thought this series of comments from Manatee coach Kinnan were worthy of posting.  When Kinnan asked Calloway if now that CWT was at USF, would he like to visit the Bulls:

“I said, ‘Is that something that you think you might want to do now?’ †Manatee head coach Joe Kinnan asked Calloway. “He said, ‘Yeah.’

“When he left here at Christmas, he was totally uncommitted, and something happened over Christmas that made him make the decision that, right now, Louisville is the front-runner.â€

So much so that he told Strong about his USF visit.

“Coach Strong said to go take your visits,†Kinnan said, “and just make sure no one says anything negative about us because we’re not going to say anything negative about them.

“And, hopefully, you’ll still feel the same way. After you’ve made all your visits, you’ll realize that Louisville is where you want to go.â€

After USF, the 6-foot-2, 310-pound Calloway, who made third-team All-State after finishing the 2012 season with 68 tackles, three sacks and two forced fumbles, plans to visit Louisville and Arkansas.

Today’s trip will include Calloway meeting with the Bulls’ coaching staff and current players. The school said it’s also working on some “special things’’ to introduce into the visit structure.

“They’re going to try to show him what they’ve got facilities-wise, things like that,†Kinnan said, “and the positives of why he should go there.

“He’s an hour from home; his family can watch him play a lot easier. (Taggart’s) going to sell his program and say, ‘This is why we want you, this is the opportunity to come in and play,’ but I think the biggest selling point is he’s an hour away from home.â€

Might Taggart force Calloway’s eye on Louisville to blink?

“That’s a possibility,†Kinnan said, “because he’s never really been anyplace officially yet.â€

It could be the only edge Willie Taggart needs.