• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is Like Christmas UM & UA struck down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Oh, this will screw the season up.  The 16 players still on the roster who knew about it and partook will now be not focused on football but on their troubles.   

Already thinking about my sign for the Miami game.

UNC sat their kids when the allegations of the illegal benefits came out so in a move to minimize damage UM could possibly do the same.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Oh, this will screw the season up.  The 16 players still on the roster who knew about it and partook will now be not focused on football but on their troubles.   

Already thinking about my sign for the Miami game.

You're going to need a lot of poster board and some friends. It's an embarrassment of riches really. With Notre Dame you hit the Mike Floyd thing with a sacramental wine joke, boom, done. UM? Wow. Just wow. It's too big to get a solid handle on.

• Content Count:  1,797

Anyone else a little worried about Chandler and Watson. UM wanted both at one point, including Watson right up to when his sister brought him the USF hat from out of the grandstands on signing day and they went to the same high schools as some of the guys mentioned so far in the stories. I hope our compliance people are having an honest heart to heart with those two.

Normal

• Content Count:  12,293

i think the guy at the center of all the trouble already named every name he could.  why else would the UCF kid get brought up

I would rather it be uf. I hate gator fan.

the gators would probably have state gov't officials step in and cover it up.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

i think the guy at the center of all the trouble already named every name he could.  why else would the UCF kid get brought up

Yeah I think so too.  They named quite a few players who were at other programs in that yahoo report/article so I would think those names would be out by now if there was any involvement.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Wow, Miami really is ****** here. I mean, from what Yahoo has reported, this really seems to be pretty open and shut. Yahoo really seems to have pieced the evidence together pretty well here. I doubt there will be a death penalty, I'm of the camp that believes that will never happen again, but if anything ever warranted it, it's this. Not just the gifts, but the illegal nature of many of them.

The hammer is going to come down, and hard. Worse than at USC by a long shot, if there's any sort of consistency from the NCAA.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

You got to be kidding me. He was laying out rails of blow for these kids at strip clubs, you seriously think he can remember all their names? Man Yahoo just scratched the surface, if you did a little deeper your gonna find out how pervasive this actually was.I expect that this will encompass 5 to 10 schools and dozens of kids. I mean they have pictures of Donna Shalalha at parties that Shapiro was throwing for these kids. I don't know how UM is even gonna play out the season. They are going to have to suspend/release at least 12 kids and I suspect many more.

• Content Count:  151

This thread is kind of embarassing.  I totally get the knee-jerk reaction to laugh and make fun, but this is really bad stuff.  It's the kind of thing that could bury their program for the next decade and I hope that none of you really want that.  I want to see us succeed on our own merit, not rise above another program because of something like this.

Don't get me wrong, they brought it on themselves and dwserve punishment. I just feel bad that a lot of people that had nothing to do with this stuff are going to feel the brunt of the consequences.  Sad day for UM fans and I feel bad for them.

You got to be kidding me. He was laying out rails of blow for these kids at strip clubs, you seriously think he can remember all their names? Man Yahoo just scratched the surface, if you did a little deeper your gonna find out how pervasive this actually was.I expect that this will encompass 5 to 10 schools and dozens of kids. I mean they have pictures of Donna Shalalha at parties that Shapiro was throwing for these kids. I don't know how UM is even gonna play out the season. They are going to have to suspend/release at least 12 kids and I suspect many more.

Its who is in photos not who he remembers

Archived