• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schnellenberger to Retire after this season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Days Won:  0

You got to admit.. the man changed college football.

It was his idea about the walls around Miami that now other programs try to emulate and making the pro-style popular in college.

He got a Miami from a small private university 1 year away from dropping football to a national power.. and still a draw after all these years.

I always see UCF fans making fun of Schnellenberger and the FAU program

But the man already got them more bowl wins than UCF and now a new stadium.

I hope they can give him one more bowl win for his last season (although they have a grueling schedules this year)

Well said.  Schnelly changed college football in this state and nationally.  The man is a true legend.  And you're right about UCF.  I'm confused about the amount of hate they have for FAU on their message board.  We've played one time in football...we hardly have a rivalry with them. 

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

It was his idea about the walls around Miami that now other programs try to emulate and making the pro-style popular in college.

He got a Miami from a small private university 1 year away from dropping football to a national power.. and still a draw after all these years.

I hope they can give him one more bowl win for his last season (although they have a grueling schedules this year)

Well said.  Schnelly changed college football in this state and nationally.  The man is a true legend.  And you're right about UCF.  I'm confused about the amount of hate they have for FAU on their message board.  We've played one time in football...we hardly have a rivalry with them. 

He is a legend. Go Knights

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

You had to love Howard.  He and Bowden should start an old timer's league.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

The above shows you what morons the UCF bunch are.  Schnellenberger is a true gentleman and his legacy is unmatched by their coach who is a known liar and looks like a drunk .The only explanation for their dislike is that they fear a successful FAU program will hurt them.  I do not care and have told FAU fans  that most USF fans that I know root for them when we are not playing them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

I've liked FAU from the day we went down there to watch our game with them.  Classy fans, classy coach.  Wish Schnelly and FAU all the best.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  270
  • Days Won:  0

Excellent coach...but it's probably time that FAU find out if they can float without his presence.  It will be interesting to see what direction FAU football takes without Howard being the face of the program.

Archived