• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

NC State is the red headed (literally) step child of North Carolina Football, and that isnt saying much. Would hate to see him waste his talent there.

Some might say that about USF in Florida.

And while it may be true, the school in Florida automatically gets the edge. Anyone who has played, or even closely watched high school football in Florida knows that 2 star athletes from here are just as good if not better than 3 and 4 stars from other states

slow your roll.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

NC State QB situation:

Mike Glennon (Starter) - Done at NCST (no eligibility left), going pro.

Pete Thomas - JR - Transfer from Colorado St.

Garrett Leatham - So

William Cooper - Fr

Manny Stocker - Fr Under Armour Elite 25 QB

Manny Stocker would be Asiantii's biggest competition from what I see.

(again, dependent on who stays and who goes with coaching change).

All QB's currently on roster are big QB's (all over 6 foot 3 besides Cooper, and all over 200 lbs).

I also checked both NCstate and NIU to see if they had any potential QB's being recruited. Both have no True projected QB's coming in.

NCstate would be a school where he could start relatively early IMO, I think it would come down to him and Manny Stocker (considered true Pro-Style QB) for playing time (dependent on how fast he would pick up the offense).

But, personally I have been to NCstate (2008 game we destroyed them) and have a handful of relatives and friends that went there and it is a different place (no one came away loving the school). Different people, and totally different area than Tampa and USF.

(They have produced some pretty decent qb's in the last 10 years, however).

My 2 cents regarding this situation (USF - Asiantii) as of right now:

I think whatever happens with Asiantii I will be happy with.

If he comes here, I think our future will be very bright. I know he would start here from day one, and I think he would struggle getting started (just like most true Freshmans trying to pick up a new system and speed of game at next level); but, if that is his dad or not, it is someone who knows him and that to me is a little disconcerning. Every right or wrong move we make (USF, coaches and fans) will be broadcoast in a negative light to the other side (seems more of a headache than it is worth to be honest) whether that be Asiantii himself, or his family and friends.

Picture if he goes to Tenn with all that potential and never really plays a meaningful down (similar to Matt Cassell , or Tom Brady), you know he and co. are going to make it known about their displeasure whether to message boards or media (likely transfer too).

I realistically know where USF stands in the grand scheme of things, and understand that the coach he commited to is gone; but, this situation is starting to scream to me move on, nothing but trouble here. I think he wants/needs more attention (not saying that is a bad thing), and I'm not sure he would get that here.

I prefer a close knit family that sticks together without outside drama trying to break them apart (similar to the Leavitt ousting).

I need to check the juco ranks (anyone with info on strong potential juco QB transfers to USF would be appreciated).

I love to see the work Taggart is doing with JUCO transfers, this will immediately fill some glaring holes we have.

If Woulard decides in not commiting here (which I find highly likely), I think it opens the door to this possible option where we could patch the QB position up for the short term (I hope Taggart is looking at all his options right now, regardless of what becomes of the Asiantii situation - which I am sure he is).

*I also think Eveld (big pro style) will fit Taggart's system well enough to get us through the year (with some work, remember he has an entire off season to learn offense not just a couple of months).

I find it strange we haven't heard from D'vo more, in regards to recruiting him here. Last year they seemed inseperable.

Again, I would love for him to come here, but if he doesn't want to be here I hope he doesn't come here (even if guaranteed the world).

Edited by bullrushBE

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

NC State is the red headed (literally) step child of North Carolina Football, and that isnt saying much. Would hate to see him waste his talent there.

Some might say that about USF in Florida.

And while it may be true, the school in Florida automatically gets the edge. Anyone who has played, or even closely watched high school football in Florida knows that 2 star athletes from here are just as good if not better than 3 and 4 stars from other states

slow your roll.

Have you ever watched a high school game from another state? There are high school teams that dont even make the playoffs here that could win state other places

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Has Coach T talked with him yet? if not, hold on. That kid with Willie would be something special, I mean BCS contenders special.

White has the talent around him at University like what he will have here. If Woulard dosen't want to come here then so be it. White will do a fine job and might have even beat him our for the start. Woulard is not the gotta have guy anymore. Just go watch some tape on White's University team in the playoffs.

I agree with the talent we have (besides rb, which is huge in what appears to be our new system), I am very high on him and his future with USF; but, I don't see him coming in and challenging from day one. Depending on our QB situation next year, I think most likely we see him red shirted and let him learn the system (if he starts day one, I will be shocked and extremely impressed).

I think with his size, smarts, pocket awareness, and arm (accuracy needs some work), he will be a monster for USF.

Edited by bullrushBE

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

ship has sailed. Wish him the best. Honestly though not too worried, USF recruiting future looks real bright with taggart at the helm.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

His dads looking for fans with free time to build him a webpage for his business.

This is the biggest crock of BS statement I have ever seen. I know what his Dad does for a living and this is just a fat out lie. I don't know whether the poster got duped or whether he is creaing this fiction, either way, this is a crock of horse manure. Prove your statement or retract it as utter fiction. What a pile.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Commit, decommit, recommit and decommit again.

I feel bad for his girl.......let's get married, no how about we wait, let's get married, no wait I have a new girl now.

I know that it's a big choice for he and his fam too, but hell, either you like USF and want to come play and go to school here or you don't!

You mean if I had a girl, then she got fired her from her job. Then my girl worked at a company(conference) and then they ceased to exist, i would stay engaged. Then my girl(schedule), was in school , and then she flunked(2-11) every course in school. yeah, I would probably stay engaged. I would dump his sorry ass, too.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Considering right after he told us he was his dad he asked if anyone could build him a website I'd say that's not false info nor a crock of ****

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

I feel bad for his girl.......let's get married, no how about we wait, let's get married, no wait I have a new girl now.

I know that it's a big choice for he and his fam too, but hell, either you like USF and want to come play and go to school here or you don't!

You mean if I had a girl, then she got fired her from her job. Then my girl worked at a company(conference) and then they ceased to exist, i would stay engaged. Then my girl(schedule), was in school , and then she flunked(2-11) every course in school. yeah, I would probably stay engaged. I would dump his sorry ass, too.

What the hell are you talking about?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

What the hell are you talking about?

+1 I thought it was just late and was just reading it wrong :D