• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is #1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2011/04/24/the-college-athletics-programs-most-reliant-on-student-activity-fees/

The College Athletics Programs Most Reliant On Student Activity Fees

1 University of South Florida $13,026,289.00 33.24%

2 University of Virginia $12,160,103.00 14.86%

3 University of Connecticut $8,626,506.00 14.74%

4 Rutgers University $8,441,092.00 13.15%

5 Florida State University $6,919,449.00 9.30%

6 University of North Carolina $6,859,868.00 9.42%

7 Virginia Tech $6,533,756.00 10.27%

8 Auburn University $5,261,604.00 5.68%

9 Georgia Tech $4,643,368.00 8.39%

Oh and USF got clobbered in the Forbes school rankings. Just about every college in Florida is ranked higher including Barry College.

http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/#p_1_s_arank_FL

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

That Forbes ranking for USF is so bogus and is so wrong that it is beyond rank stink.  Forbes college rankings = ridiculously faulty and totally worth ignoring.

That Forbes ranking for USF is so bogus and is so wrong that it is beyond rank stink.  Forbes college rankings = ridiculously faulty and totally worth ignoring.

And yet parents and potential students will be using it to find a school.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

those rankings are so ****** up (not just in FL, across the states) its hard to dignify them with a rebuttal.

as far as athletics and fees goes, im all for it. i happily paid the athletic fee for

free gym

free BCS football

and, as if those two arent enough, all the other athletic/rec benefits.

and as we grow, as the students invest in the program, i would hope this number would naturally drop

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Only morons would totally rely on the Forbes rankings for selecting a college.  The rankings could be picked apart a thousand different ways as bogus.  For example, in Georgia, Berry College is ranked as better 170 schools ahead of Georgia Tech--give me a break already Forbes Magazine!

http://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/list/#p_1_s_arank_GA

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

those rankings are so ****** up (not just in FL, across the states) its hard to dignify them with a rebuttal.

as far as athletics and fees goes, im all for it. i happily paid the athletic fee for

free gym

free BCS football

and, as if those two arent enough, all the other athletic/rec benefits.

and as we grow, as the students invest in the program, i would hope this number would naturally drop

So if you are paying fees, its not really free now is it? Certainly a great value though. I made use of both when I was a student, although we weren't BCS yet.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If you're using Forbes rankings instead of The Princeton Review or Carnegie foundation rankings you're failing as a parent.....

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If you're using Forbes rankings instead of The Princeton Review or Carnegie foundation rankings you're failing as a parent.....

If you're using rankings to make your kids college decision, you're failing as a parent.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If you're using rankings to make your kids college decision, you're failing as a parent.

Agreed, just saying if someone was going to use rankings Forbes rankings are pretty ******. 

Oh yeah, go by school colors and mascots.   ::)  Employers go by rankings. You better believe it. I was looking into healthcare administration and that was exactly what the administrator was going by to choose interns. You can look at the average starting salary of MBAs from top schools and that goes by perceived school rankings too.

Archived