• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is #1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I've long said, and been blasted on here for saying it, USF student activity fees are borderline criminal.

Our percentage of student fees is high, but our overall budget is likely less than most other schools, too.  We also have top 10 student population.  So, lots of people and lower budget leads to higher percentage coming from students.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't care. Charging students $12 a credit hour plus $10 flat fee is borderline criminal. To get a degree at USF you pay about 1400 in four years. That's a lot more than people pay for their season ticket and gym membership.

And don't come at me with "it's a great deal." It's not. I struggled for cash when in school, worked part time.

I understand the school needs it to support athletics, but maybe we could start by not paying a basketball coach that loses 20+ games a season almost a million bucks a year.

• Content Count:  4,738

I don't care. Charging students $12 a credit hour plus $10 flat fee is borderline criminal. To get a degree at USF you pay about 1400 in four years. That's a lot more than people pay for their season ticket and gym membership.

And don't come at me with "it's a great deal." It's not. I struggled for cash when in school, worked part time.

I understand the school needs it to support athletics, but maybe we could start by not paying a basketball coach that loses 20+ games a season almost a million bucks a year.

youre supposed to struggle, quit whining

i pay 1500 a year for season tickets.  sounds like students get a great deal

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Forbes? Who?

When I was an incoming student, or a searching grad student, I looked at Princeton Review, Carnegie Foundation, and US News. They all reflected pretty well on USF. Forbes must be pretty far down the totem pole.

• Content Count:  4,642

it'll change with the new tv deal

• Content Count:  71

USF fans are so superficial and biased.

If Forbes had ranked you guys super high, you'd be praising them instead of saying the rankings are out of wack. Lets be honest, USF is at the bottom of FL schools for academcs. Sure, they have good programs or departments, but what school doesnt? Overall, USF is nothing special.

The Princeton rankings have Miami at the #1 school in the state for academics, and I still call ******** on how they rank schools. It's retarded how they rank schools. Do I still think Miami is #1 in the state overall for academics though? Yes, but not because I'm biased. But because I looked at all FL schools closely, got accepted to many places, and chose to attend Miami and graduated with a degree that no where else in FL could have offered me. I think UF is a very close 2nd to Miami, with USF UCF FSU etc all laying fairly close to one another, but each with their own really good departments. For example, FSU has really good criminal justice, etc.

Either way, USF needs to wake up. They're not a very good academic school. They're plan B or C for most prospective students now adays.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If Forbes had ranked you guys super high, you'd be praising them instead of saying the rankings are out of wack. Lets be honest, USF is at the bottom of FL schools for academcs. Sure, they have good programs or departments, but what school doesnt? Overall, USF is nothing special.

The Princeton rankings have Miami at the #1 school in the state for academics, and I still call ******** on how they rank schools. It's retarded how they rank schools. Do I still think Miami is #1 in the state overall for academics though? Yes, but not because I'm biased. But because I looked at all FL schools closely, got accepted to many places, and chose to attend Miami and graduated with a degree that no where else in FL could have offered me. I think UF is a very close 2nd to Miami, with USF UCF FSU etc all laying fairly close to one another, but each with their own really good departments. For example, FSU has really good criminal justice, etc.

Either way, USF needs to wake up. They're not a very good academic school. They're plan B or C for most prospective students now adays.

Yeah right. I Was accepted at UM, FIT and USF. Chose USF, because i wouldn't live in that cesspool you call a city. Guess you guys were plan C.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what does it this all mean

• Content Count:  71

Yeah right. I Was accepted at UM, FIT and USF. Chose USF, because i wouldn't live in that cesspool you call a city. Guess you guys were plan C.

People who are accepted to UM and do not attend do not attend 95% of the time due to 1 of 2 reasons.

1.) They got accepted somewhere better; or they wanted to stay closer to home.

2.) They did not have the academics to get a full or really good scholarship package and cannot afford it. I'm sorry you weren't good enough.

Thus, USF was indeed plan B/C for you. You most likely had no other choice.

I'm not surprised by this at all, judging by how narrow-minded you are on these forums. Not only are you biased beyond reason, but you display immaturity and lack of intelligence.

• Content Count:  172

People who are accepted to UM and do not attend do not attend 95% of the time due to 1 of 2 reasons.

1.) They got accepted somewhere better; or they wanted to stay closer to home.

2.) They did not have the academics to get a full or really good scholarship package and cannot afford it. I'm sorry you weren't good enough.

Thus, USF was indeed plan B/C for you. You most likely had no other choice.

I'm not surprised by this at all, judging by how narrow-minded you are on these forums. Not only are you biased beyond reason, but you display immaturity and lack of intelligence.

I find it a little ironic that a sidewalk UM fan would talk to USF FANS on a USF FORUM about intelligence.

Archived