• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

247 sports/Josh Newberg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys and girls, just thought I'd pass this along to you guys. So Josh pitched the idea of a USF247 to his bosses and it's now a go. For a FSU guy Josh does great coverage of the bay area and USF. He says it'll prob come out by sept. 1st so be on the lookout for it.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Josh did a great job when he was on the USF scout site so I'm sure he will produce the same quality of work for the 247 site as well.  The more quality sites out there for USF info the better. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

What is the deal with 24/7? Did it replace Rivals or is it in addition to? Listenong to satellite, Bill King is now 24/7 but I thik I heard there's also still a Rivals radio show also ...

• Content Count:  9

Something is in the works.

• Content Count:  574

Yes! I know Josh has been talking about this since he took the 247 gig.  I can't wait to sign up.

• Content Count:  1,797

3B, 247 is a new network. Rivals and Scout still exist. It is my understanding that 247 does a better job of supporting their site managers. Josh is joining Corey Dowlar who ran the USF Rivals site last year and really cranked out the recruiting content. Corey went to FSU247, but would partner with Josh in the proposed USF247 site.

I know there are folks that frequent this board for all their recruiting information and that's fine, but our fans really need to step up and support these recruiting sites too. Believe it or not, recruits look at the recruiting sites and they can see how many fans are on-line at any time. When they go to FSU's recruiting sites, they see anywhere from 300-500 fans on-line at a time and into the thousands during peak recruiting weekends. When they look at USF's recruiting sites, they see 50-60 fans on-line at a time and up to 300 during big recruiting weekends. That is definitely noticed by recruits. Also, recruits want to see their name mentioned on these sites. If we do not support the sites, they tend to fold. At times, the USF Rivals site has been nearly dormant. If I am recruit John Smith and the UCF Rivals reporter calls me to see how things are going all the time and there is nothing but crickets chirping when it comes to USF, that is noticed.

Josh and Corey will do a bang up job of reporting USF recruiting news, notes and rumors once 247 is established. I hope some of you tight wads support them AND our existing Scout and Rivals sites. Consider it a donation to the football program at USF and one more way to tell the nation that our team and fans have arrived. I am an advocate of supporting all the sites, including this one. You should too.

Normal

• Content Count:  1,867

Honestly, not trying to be a smart ass, but should we support (pay) for all 3 of these websites or just the new 24/7 deal?

I don't have a problem paying for 1, but 3 (4 sites if you include this one) for the same info seems a bit redundant...

What do you suggest...

*not trying to flame...

• Content Count:  1,079

Honestly, not trying to be a smart ***, but should we support (pay) for all 3 of these websites or just the new 24/7 deal?

I don't have a problem paying for 1, but 3 (4 sites if you include this one) for the same info seems a bit redundant...

What do you suggest...

*not trying to flame...

I don't have a subscription to any of the sites right now, but I'm going to sign up for the 247. I like the way Josh cover's his teams and the Tampa area... Not trying to advertise for him, just my opinion.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I don't have a subscription to any of the sites right now, but I'm going to sign up for the 247. I like the way Josh cover's his teams and the Tampa area... Not trying to advertise for him, just my opinion.

+1... Have nothing against any of the other sites but I like the way Josh works.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Another advertising thread for subscription sites. They have plenty of ways to get the word out without posting it here. Can we move on?

Archived