• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

247 sports/Josh Newberg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

USFnation as it stands is the best recruiting site for USF on the planet and that won't change in the near future....the thing about 24/7 is that they have no infrastructure set up to support video content and they have no plans on adding it in the immediate future. Some of the best stuff on the recruiting site is watching video interviews, player film and team oriented videos

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Another advertising thread for subscription sites. They have plenty of ways to get the word out without posting it here. Can we move on?

The fact that there will be yet another source for USF recruiting news is more than worthy of being posted here.  As you can see from the responses from members here and the interest the thread has generated this is indeed worthy of being here.  Maybe you should move on and realize this is indeed news for USF fans who love to follow recruiting?  Let's also not pretend that you aren't in here quite often posting teasers and free stories from the same sites that you get all huffy about. 

• Content Count:  61

USFnation as it stands is the best recruiting site for USF on the planet and that won't change in the near future....the thing about 24/7 is that they have no infrastructure set up to support video content and they have no plans on adding it in the immediate future. Some of the best stuff on the recruiting site is watching video interviews, player film and team oriented videos

Guys I appreciate the love and Im REALLY excited about covering USF again!

If anyone has any questions you can email me at joshnewberg@hotmail.com.  I dont want to come of as "advertising" b/c I respect Brad and his board, so feel free to email me. 

Smooth, thats incorrect.  247 does have video, they just dont charge for it.  All video is free.  The message board is also free.  Not a big deal, just wanted to clear that up.  Highlights, interviews, are all free.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Another advertising thread for subscription sites. They have plenty of ways to get the word out without posting it here. Can we move on?

The fact that there will be yet another source for USF recruiting news is more than worthy of being posted here.  As you can see from the responses from members here and the interest the thread has generated this is indeed worthy of being here.  Maybe you should move on and realize this is indeed news for USF fans who love to follow recruiting?  Let's also not pretend that you aren't in here quite often posting teasers and free stories from the same sites that you get all huffy about. 

I post stories from GA and Adam Adkins too. Doesn't mean I have to sell subscriptions to the St. Pete Times or The Tampa Tribune. And I am not a Huffy, I am at least a Schwinn or a good day I might  be a Trek. :pain

• Content Count:  574

3B, 247 is a new network. Rivals and Scout still exist. It is my understanding that 247 does a better job of supporting their site managers. Josh is joining Corey Dowlar who ran the USF Rivals site last year and really cranked out the recruiting content. Corey went to FSU247, but would partner with Josh in the proposed USF247 site.

I know there are folks that frequent this board for all their recruiting information and that's fine, but our fans really need to step up and support these recruiting sites too. Believe it or not, recruits look at the recruiting sites and they can see how many fans are on-line at any time. When they go to FSU's recruiting sites, they see anywhere from 300-500 fans on-line at a time and into the thousands during peak recruiting weekends. When they look at USF's recruiting sites, they see 50-60 fans on-line at a time and up to 300 during big recruiting weekends. That is definitely noticed by recruits. Also, recruits want to see their name mentioned on these sites. If we do not support the sites, they tend to fold. At times, the USF Rivals site has been nearly dormant. If I am recruit John Smith and the UCF Rivals reporter calls me to see how things are going all the time and there is nothing but crickets chirping when it comes to USF, that is noticed.

Josh and Corey will do a bang up job of reporting USF recruiting news, notes and rumors once 247 is established. I hope some of you tight wads support them AND our existing Scout and Rivals sites. Consider it a donation to the football program at USF and one more way to tell the nation that our team and fans have arrived. I am an advocate of supporting all the sites, including this one. You should too.

Normal

That is a really good point.  I don't understand how the 9th largest school in the nation has so few subscribers on these sites.  Why do our football fans care so little about recruiting?  I subscribe to ESPN, Rivals, and of course USFnation which is head and shoulders better than any other site for USF recruiting news.  I will absolutlely subscribe to the 247 USF site as well.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

3B, 247 is a new network. Rivals and Scout still exist. It is my understanding that 247 does a better job of supporting their site managers. Josh is joining Corey Dowlar who ran the USF Rivals site last year and really cranked out the recruiting content. Corey went to FSU247, but would partner with Josh in the proposed USF247 site.

I know there are folks that frequent this board for all their recruiting information and that's fine, but our fans really need to step up and support these recruiting sites too. Believe it or not, recruits look at the recruiting sites and they can see how many fans are on-line at any time. When they go to FSU's recruiting sites, they see anywhere from 300-500 fans on-line at a time and into the thousands during peak recruiting weekends. When they look at USF's recruiting sites, they see 50-60 fans on-line at a time and up to 300 during big recruiting weekends. That is definitely noticed by recruits. Also, recruits want to see their name mentioned on these sites. If we do not support the sites, they tend to fold. At times, the USF Rivals site has been nearly dormant. If I am recruit John Smith and the UCF Rivals reporter calls me to see how things are going all the time and there is nothing but crickets chirping when it comes to USF, that is noticed.

Josh and Corey will do a bang up job of reporting USF recruiting news, notes and rumors once 247 is established. I hope some of you tight wads support them AND our existing Scout and Rivals sites. Consider it a donation to the football program at USF and one more way to tell the nation that our team and fans have arrived. I am an advocate of supporting all the sites, including this one. You should too.

Normal

That is a really good point.  I don't understand how the 9th largest school in the nation has so few subscribers on these sites.  Why do our football fans care so little about recruiting?  I subscribe to ESPN, Rivals, and of course USFnation which is head and shoulders better than any other site for USF recruiting news.  I will absolutlely subscribe to the 247 USF site as well.

I think you guys should give Brad some money for all the free ad space.That or donate some of that subscription money to the football program where it can really do some good.

• Content Count:  574

Normal

I think you guys should give Brad some money for all the free ad space.That or donate some of that subscription money to the football program where it can really do some good.

Do you know how much money I donate to the athletic program? I am a green jacket level donor so that is a $1K every year and I donate for other things as they come up as well.  I have a brick on every one of the new facilities with my wife's and my name on them for example.  I bought season tickets to baseball this year and gave the tickets away so that people could go and see the new stadium in an attempt to drum up support for the baseball program.

You want to compare loyalty to the program? Don't start with me. You are preeching to the choir here.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Normal

Well since the number of stars a player gets has to do with the number of subscriptions according to you the more subscriptions the sites get the more stars the recruits get!  The more stars the more hype the recruiting classes get and the easier it becomes to get big time players to want to be a part of the hype!  Sounds like subscription money does some good after all!  >:D

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Normal

I suggested Brad hire Josh to turn the recruiting board into it's own pay site.  I guess it's too late now.

Archived