• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

City schools and the NFL (Starts with USF)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If the Bulls were serious about making RayJay the place to go on Saturdays, as this article says, then the lots would be open at 6AM on game day like every other real college team in the state does (UF, FSU, Miami, etc.)... they would allow speaker systems at tailgates... they would open the RV lot up 24-48 hours early... and they would allow kegs... right now thanks to the TSA / Buccaneers we can't have any of that.

:stirpot

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If the Bulls were serious about making RayJay the place to go on Saturdays, as this article says, then the ... right now thanks to the TSA / Buccaneers we can't have any of that.

Right, thanks to TSA. The Bulls are tenants, and as long as TSA has the rule-making capacity for its stadium, USF has to play by those rules.

With regard regard to this article, I'm glad McGillis is attempting to get similar programs together. It's tough competing with professional teams in your market, and on top of that, Tampa is still very much a Gator town. Our proximity to Gainesville syphons off football-crazed Gator fans on Saturdays. If I were to hire Charlie Sheen to advise me of the situation, he'd prescribe the only solution possible under the circumstances, "Winning!" Winning cures all and generates serious buzz in a "bandwagon" town.

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

If the Bulls were serious about making RayJay the place to go on Saturdays, as this article says, then the lots would be open at 6AM on game day like every other real college team in the state does (UF, FSU, Miami, etc.)... they would allow speaker systems at tailgates... they would open the RV lot up 24-48 hours early... and they would allow kegs... right now thanks to the TSA / Buccaneers we can't have any of that.

didn't know about the speaker rule, that's not fun.....don't know why they would have that...all you have by that mall lot now is the Bucs facility so don't think the sound would travel far enough to bother residents.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

So my employer has blocked ESPN so I cant see the article. Does someone mind copying the article in a reply? Please  ;D

same here

EPIC Fail employer.....SMH....

• Content Count:  1,757

If we only allowed speaker systems and kegs, we could fill up Ray Jay.

• Content Count:  4,642

ummmm..... don't you have a car/truck with a stereo?  get a nice stereo and blast it.  I've never had any issues while tailgating that I thought "man i wish we had loudspeakers..."

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

ummmm..... don't you have a car/truck with a stereo?  get a nice stereo and blast it.  I've never had any issues while tailgating that I thought "man i wish we had loudspeakers..."

I've seen in the mall lot the gustapa (TPD) come by and tell people next to us to turn their off truck stereo off... I called the TSA and asked about it and they told me that loud speakers of any kind are prohibited. The only thing they allow are small portable cd players or car radios on low. If you do it and have not felt the iron grip of the fun police then you have just been lucky to not have the wrong cop hear it.

This is one of the reasons why the Bulls Tailgating Assoc. and a couple of other groups moved out of the TSA lots to their own lots a few years back...

• Content Count:  225

I thought it was kind of shocking that even a program that was tradition rich as USC average only 57k in a city as big as LA.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/city-schools-2011

"In 2000, the year before Carroll arrived, USC averaged just 57,399 fans, just 62 percent of capacity in the Coliseum."

Considering that and the youth of our program, I think USF has done a decent job when you compare to them to other universities that reside in cities.  Here is our average attendance the last few years.   Hopefully Holtz can give us a couple winning seasons and bump our average back up to around 50k

53,160 2007

52,553 2009

49,690 2008

40,849 2010

38,865 2005

33,038 1997

30,222 2006

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I've seen in the mall lot the gustapa (TPD) come by and tell people next to us to turn their off truck stereo off... I called the TSA and asked about it and they told me that loud speakers of any kind are prohibited. The only thing they allow are small portable cd players or car radios on low. If you do it and have not felt the iron grip of the fun police then you have just been lucky to not have the wrong cop hear it.

This is one of the reasons why the Bulls Tailgating Assoc. and a couple of other groups moved out of the TSA lots to their own lots a few years back...

Like most things - don't abuse it and you won't lose it. Show some inkling of respect for the people around you and I'll betcha a cold one that nothing would be said.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived