• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scoreboard upgrade leads list for Raymond James overhaul

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Hopefully one of the upgrades is gonna be the replacement of those damned red seats with some neutral pewter ones... pewter is a primary Buc's color and is the color of Rocky thus this would make the most sense.

This is my primary gripe about RayJay... right now it looks like we are in Rutgers or Louisville stadium...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

Anyone remember the endzone scoreboards at the Buc's old Tampa Stadium games when the annoying State Vacuum ads always seemed to be playing on the scoreboard?  We've come a long ways Tampa.

And the WDAE  BAAAAAAD BUC...the mascot until his arrest (pervert?).

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

i can only hope the sound system upgrade means that they will put speakers on both ends of the stadium so the folks on the south side don't have to be blasted to kingdom come so the northers can hear the ads.

• Content Count:  809

There ARE speakers on both endzones.....

As for these upgrades....

can you say Super Bowl?

can you say World Cup? (Quatar might be losing their host status soon) http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6606997/fifa-bribery-scandal-spreads-qatar-world-cup-bid

The city of tampa is thinking outside of the Buccaneers and Bulls on this. That's how they get the taxpayers to contribute to this. If this were say Omaha, Nebraska....this would probably not happen.

As for the decor getting away from pirate theme? I highly doubt that. I'm sure they'll bring in some Disney designers again to help out.

• Content Count:  2,277

No there aren't.  One side is speakers and the other is just painted black.  With the current speaker setup they couldn't just add speakers on the other scoreboard.  They would have some major acoustical issues with speakers facing each other from both ends.  If they were to put speakers all over the stadium it would require a complete redesign.  It was designed with the speakers just at one end, you can't just throw in a couple speakers and call it a day.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

As for these upgrades....

can you say Super Bowl?

can you say World Cup? (Quatar might be losing their host status soon) http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/6606997/fifa-bribery-scandal-spreads-qatar-world-cup-bid

The city of tampa is thinking outside of the Buccaneers and Bulls on this. That's how they get the taxpayers to contribute to this. If this were say Omaha, Nebraska....this would probably not happen.

As for the decor getting away from pirate theme? I highly doubt that. I'm sure they'll bring in some Disney designers again to help out.

my god if qatar got stripped of that bid.... i would celebrate in the streets... Tampa would be a host city no doubt... I'll never get over Qatar winning that bid... I'll be in my late 30s before the USA could POTENTIALLY host another...

oh well, at least ill be in brazil 2014

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

No there aren't.  One side is speakers and the other is just painted black.  With the current speaker setup they couldn't just add speakers on the other scoreboard.  They would have some major acoustical issues with speakers facing each other from both ends.  If they were to put speakers all over the stadium it would require a complete redesign.  It was designed with the speakers just at one end, you can't just throw in a couple speakers and call it a day.

You beat me to it.... there are no speakers in the north endzone score board. One of the conditions when the stadium was built was that the speakers would be only in the south side... it was apart of an agreement with the neighborhood for the noise levels.

As for the red seats... don't hold your breath... they just had those replaced just a couple of years ago... they love them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Taxpayers paying for 20 mil in renovations after 13 years for a stadium used 20 times a year.

Only another 8-10 gets before they're asking for a $150 million renovation to make the stadium modern. Book it.

Agree with you - this is kind of ridiculous in these economic times.  I can understand the need for basic maintenance and upkeep for any wear and tear but the scoreboard and sound system are perfectly fine.  Do we really need HD video - is the current system that bad?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Taxpayers paying for 20 mil in renovations after 13 years for a stadium used 20 times a year.

Only another 8-10 gets before they're asking for a $150 million renovation to make the stadium modern. Book it.

Agree with you - this is kind of ridiculous in these economic times.  I can understand the need for basic maintenance and upkeep for any wear and tear but the scoreboard and sound system are perfectly fine.  Do we really need HD video - is the current system that bad?

It's bad enough that RJS would probably not get another super bowl... and that will generate alot more than the cost to upgrade. The current system is constantly having issues now... there are always pixels out on either end. I'm not necessarily endorsing the upgrades... just telling you what the reality is... All of the other stadiums that compete for Super Bowls have High Def screens now... it's just the accepted norm if you want to be considered.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Please...The Super Bowl? That has nothing to do with not having a HD board. In fact, they could easily replace it before the games.

The point is, the Glazers should be buying it...not the taxpayers.

Archived