• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In the Oracle

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Check the oracle tomorrow, there will be a retraction of a lot of information. Everything has been taken care of and look for a large front page article on the student bulls club and athletics.

Way to go, MatRat - don't take any bunk from the Oracle, keep them informed and they will be able to reach out with a positive message!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

That is why having good board members is all about....Don't worry us "hooligans" in the front row will still be just as wild and "classless" if that is what he wants to call us until the very end....go Bulls

To respond to this, we have a member writing a letter to the editor regarding this story and are going to try to have him write an article on the Student Bulls Club to try to get students involved.  We will continue to work as hard as we can to get more and more students aware of games in the future and do everything in out power to get them out to the games where we can create a fun atmosphere.  I do not believe that this will hurt attendance at all but it might make us have to work harder to convince more students to come out.  

Chris

Haha, I bet Kim is the one writing it right?  I called her and told her about it.  I was so mad...  I just think its funny how its coming from the sports writer...he must not watch many sports.

I was thinking of writing a letter also, and now I will so he can see that more than one person noticed his stupidity.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

no letters needed, things have been taken care of.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure you can tell him off still if you wish at his personal email address, which can be easily found, since you are a student.  But i'm not saying you should do that.  ;)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Let me tell you it wasnt just the guys in the front row yelling wife beater.  It was the vast majority of the student section.  That type of behavior will not discourage students from attending.  It what college BBALL is all about.  Generating an environment that helps your team to win the game.  Mr. Hunt is the classless one for beating up his GF, but he will probably get off clean because he is an elite athlete.  

I've worked with numerous people over my time here at USF in trying to bring more people to the games.  From being a member of the SBC currently to going on road trips with the Sheriff before the SBC was even a thought in someone's mind.  

At other schools the games are an event and everyone is talking about going to them, especially football.  Basketball is a tough sell in Fl, it just isn't that big to the casual fan.  Except for UF the rest of FL has below avg attendance numbers when playing anyone besides the likes of the Dukes, UCONN, etc.   As we continue our transition to a more traditional school these games will become "events".  

A second thing will be when we start to get lots of students who have rooted for the Bulls prior to enrollment.  I'll admit I didn't root for the Bulls before I came here, but I am a diehard fan now.  The fact is that a decent amount of the students here still say some other school when asked who their fav college team is. It sickens me to here yeah Id root for UF or FSU if USF played them.  My reply is why root against your school and secondly transfer because we don't need that kind of student here.  It will get better though, I promise that, as more students like myself come through the halls of USF.  

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

This is so **** typical of the Orifice. They don't care about sports, or anything other than their status as the "second best college daily in the southeast", unless they can take gutless potshots at it.

What's funny is, their editorial slant hasn't changed in at least a decade. You could pull articles from January 1995 and you wouldn't notice a difference. Just replace "front row group" with "Death Row" and "Big East" with "Conference USA".

Hey, maybe that's what they did, like Nick Nolte in I Love Trouble. As punishment, the Oracle staffer in question could be made to work with Julia Roberts. Works for me.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50

If the Oracle is the second best in the southeast, I would hate to read the rest of them.

Would it be cruel and unusual punishment to make inmates read the Oracle?   :-/