• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Richard Benjamin, WR/DB, Tampa Bay Tech **2013*

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I read somewhere that we had pissed off Bailey. prolly a tweet between players. Just scuttlebutt I know, but it might explain the indifference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I read somewhere that we had pissed off Bailey. prolly a tweet between players. Just scuttlebutt I know, but it might explain the indifference.

Yeah... "someone" got some bad info to him about how Ryne Giddens had been treated.... there wasn't anything to it and the staff talked to him but the damage was already done....

Edit... "someone" either works in Seffner or Orlando... it's not clear which branch of the family the info came from.

Edited by Southshore26

Yeah... "someone" got some bad info to him about how Ryne Giddens had been treated.... there wasn't anything to it and the staff talked to him but the damage was already done....

Edit... "someone" either works in Seffner or Orlando... it's not clear which branch of the family the info came from.

Now, I get it, dirtbags.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

would it really surprise anyone if bailey did end up at UCF?

Absolutely not.... he's an Armwood kid being recruiting by a Callahan and if he inherited the recruiting skills from his dad, he'll be tough to go against.

Zing!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Armwood has sent several players to USF over the years including last year (griffin, buie, Giddins, McCall). I understand callahan's kid works over at ucf, but if you're going to make allegations that he takes potshots at USF or sways kids away you better have some proof of that because, by all accounts, he's been fair to USF as far as recruiting goes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Armwood has sent several players to USF over the years including last year (griffin, buie, Giddins, McCall). I understand callahan's kid works over at ucf, but if you're going to make allegations that he takes potshots at USF or sways kids away you better have some proof of that because, by all accounts, he's been fair to USF as far as recruiting goes

The only proof I have are personal verbal conversations with people and coaches that have been associated with AHS. Of course we got kids up till this year... it served Callahan's purpose and till now we were the only game in town. Now his kid is recruiting at UCF and all of the sudden mis-information is coming out of Seffner and guys are going to UCF like it's going out of style. I'm simply drawing conclusions from what I've been told face to face and what I've seen and read. Callahan has been shady since I was in High School 15 years ago... that hasn't changed.

If it walks like a duck and quacks...

The only proof I have are personal verbal conversations with people and coaches that have been associated with AHS. Of course we got kids up till this year... it served Callahan's purpose and till now we were the only game in town. Now his kid is recruiting at UCF and all of the sudden mis-information is coming out of Seffner and guys are going to UCF like it's going out of style. I'm simply drawing conclusions from what I've been told face to face and what I've seen and read. Callahan has been shady since I was in High School 15 years ago... that hasn't changed.

If it walks like a duck and quacks...

Got your back on this one Southie.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i dont know if i can handle bailey going to UCF....

that would suck on so many levels...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

would it really surprise anyone if bailey did end up at UCF?

Not in the least... and Mama has it right... if Bailey is looking for early playing time then that's where he needs to go... he won't see it with us.

That being said, I still think it says alot that these guys are going to UCF... It's kind of like a player going to FAU or FIU... they go because their options are pretty limited. If Bailey is as good as advertised then he should be able to get in somewhere better than UCF... Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

alvin bailey would play for us year 1

I disagree... but time will tell.

i've seen him play in person... he is good enough to step on the field right now without playing his senior year of HS.

I'd trade two of our WRs for bailey.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Big County Preps â€@BigCountyPreps1

Tampa Bay Tech head football coach tells me that Richard Benjamin is decommitting from #UCF and will open his recruitment up

Please stay away USF!