• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The ultimate Notre Dame Itinerary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I've heard that Tuesday is generally the best day to purchase airline tickets.

Isn't it Tuesday at Midnight?  Essentially early Wednesday AM.  I seem to get alot of emails from Airlines late on Tuesday.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13
  • Days Won:  0

We are flying Southwest.  Right now, it looks like we paid a total of $100 MORE than what you can get the same flights today for.  Sometimes the worm the early bird gets isn't so great...

But, I did just get four Cubs field box tickets today in the mail (FREE) from a business acquaintance, so who am I to b*tch?

what flights are you on? it seemed like their flights will jump and drop over $100 each way in a day without much rhyme or reason to it

Also, does anyone know if it's worth doing early bird check in with them?? I'm a SW virgin

JerseyBUll,

Early-bird isn't really anything to write home about. Just make sure you 'check-in' online at the 24-hour mark before your flight. This way you will get to board in one of the first groups and not have to get stuck in a middle seat, or not sitting with anyone you are flying with.

• Content Count:  1,634
  • Days Won:  3

We are flying Southwest.  Right now, it looks like we paid a total of $100 MORE than what you can get the same flights today for.  Sometimes the worm the early bird gets isn't so great...

But, I did just get four Cubs field box tickets today in the mail (FREE) from a business acquaintance, so who am I to b*tch?

what flights are you on? it seemed like their flights will jump and drop over $100 each way in a day without much rhyme or reason to it

Also, does anyone know if it's worth doing early bird check in with them?? I'm a SW virgin

Flying out on Thursday afternoon #1870 non-stop and returning Sunday evening #450 also non-stop.  I agree that the early bird is probably not worth it unless you're traveling with a large group on an expected full flight.

Remember - even if you get an A with a low number, you may be getting on a plane that is laying over from somewhere like Miami and is already half full of folks continuing on to your destination.

• Content Count:  13

The USF Chicago Alumni Chapter Tailgate has over 100 Bulls Fans confirmed for the Notre Dame Tailgate. If anyone else is interested, the deadline to purchase tickets to the On-campus Tailgate is July 31st.

Here is the link for all the details: http://windycitybulls.jimdo.com/usf-vs-nd-game/

The Bus from Chicago to ND with the Windy City Bulls has sold out. The on-campus tailgate option is still available on their website. There are over 115 guests who will be attending.

Creative Travel Group is also running a  separate bus, whose guests will be tailgating with the Chicago Alumni Group. Their ride includes hotel accommodations too.

• Content Count:  1,633

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but Labor Day weekend is also the same weekend as the Chicago Jazz festival. My friends and I are flying in Thursday morning, and not heading back to Tampa until Monday afternoon. We're renting an SUV from the AVIS in downtown Chicago (abt 3 blocks from our hotel) for $112 (including taxes, etc.)

Here's our itenerary:

Thursday - Fly In, Get hammered.

Friday - Wake up, start getting hammered, be an ass at the Cubs game, continue the hammeredness late into the night.

Saturday - Drive to South Bend, Enjoy Game, Head back to chicago, get hammered.

Sunday - Spend the day in the park, at the Jazz festival, getting hammered.

Monday - Head back to reality.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but Labor Day weekend is also the same weekend as the Chicago Jazz festival. My friends and I are flying in Thursday morning, and not heading back to Tampa until Monday afternoon. We're renting an SUV from the AVIS in downtown Chicago (abt 3 blocks from our hotel) for $112 (including taxes, etc.)

Here's our itenerary:

Friday - Wake up, start getting hammered, be an *** at the Cubs game, continue the hammeredness late into the night.

OK, I got all stars for one word there.  But if it said you are going to be an ass, don't wear your Bulls gear.

• Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

PLEASE don't be an A$$ while repping the BULLS!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I was thinking the same thing.  Why be an A$$ just for the sake of it at a Cubs game?  And you wonder why people say we have bad fans..... 

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4,738

Here's our itenerary:

Friday - Wake up, start getting hammered, be an *** at the Cubs game, continue the hammeredness late into the night.

OK, I got all stars for one word there.  But if it said you are going to be an ass, don't wear your Bulls gear.

just for that, Im going to be a ******** all weekend repping the Bulls

Archived