• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auman says there will be two tranfers off Heath's squad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

This team flopped. Let them all transfer, get some TEAM players in here, not guys just looking to bump their stats and get to the NBA early...*cough Gilchrist cough*

That's all college is to any decent basketball player anymore. The only way you don't leave early is if you're mediocre.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I know you guys read about players leaving early and get frustrated, but there are 340 Division I basketball programs. Let's say 15 players on each -- that's 5,000-plus college basketball players in a given year, and of those, maybe 50 will decide to go pro before their eligibility. That's the top 1 percent of the sample.

It's not most, it's not nearly all. It's a select few. Some of them will make smart decisions that yield million-dollar incomes. Others won't. But a huge majority of the players stay in college basketballl until their eligibility is up. Just saying ...

Guest nybullsfan

One coach made a interesting proposal on WM Radio the other day.

1. They can go pro right out of High School, if they want.

2. The can go pro after 1 year of college, if they want.

3. If they come back for 2nd year of college, they cannot be drafted until their eligibility is used up, or their class graduates, whichever comes first.

Seems reasonable to me...

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I know you guys read about players leaving early and get frustrated, but there are 340 Division I basketball programs. Let's say 15 players on each -- that's 5,000-plus college basketball players in a given year, and of those, maybe 50 will decide to go pro before their eligibility. That's the top 1 percent of the sample.

It's not most, it's not nearly all. It's a select few. Some of them will make smart decisions that yield million-dollar incomes. Others won't. But a huge majority of the players stay in college basketballl until their eligibility is up. Just saying ...

Considering only 60 players are drafted by the NBA yearly that actually proves that too many are leaving early. If 50 players are underclassmen that leave early they still have to compete for 60 spots with seniors, high schoolers, and international players. It goes to show that the ones that think they can be drafted are bolting early.

Of course 99% of the players that aren't seniors aren't going to leave early, only < 1% of them could be drafted even if they were great. Most of those players wouldn't get drafted even if they stayed though (E.g. Noriega, Bozeman, etc).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

3. If they come back for 2nd year of college, they cannot be drafted until their eligibility is used up, or their class graduates, whichever comes first.

Pretty sure they can't go pro right out of high school.  They have to wait until their high school graduation class is one year removed.  Believe LeBron was the last year you could make the jump directly from high school.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Pretty sure they can't go pro right out of high school.  They have to wait until their high school graduation class is one year removed.  Believe LeBron was the last year you could make the jump directly from high school.

He's saying what it should be, not what it is.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

GA just tweeted "No word from USF on transfers from program, but backup point guard Shedrick Haynes posted on Facebook that he's "a free agent." Safe bet ..."

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

This team flopped. Let them all transfer, get some TEAM players in here, not guys just looking to bump their stats and get to the NBA early...*cough Gilchrist cough*

Gilchrist just tried to be DoJo V.2....

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Any word on when Stan Heath is transferring? 

That would be the best possible news for this program in a while. There are no players out there this late that is so good that they can succeed by over coming Stan Heath's coaching philosophy. A guy like Collins certainly doesn't fit that category of a player and I'm afraid he will get caught up in the twilight zone like Dority, Haynes, Crater, and the seemingly endless list of transfers that Heath has kicked to the curb because they couldn't make him look like a good HC their first season playing high D-1 ball.

Speaking more on that, I'm curious to know has any HC kicked more players off the team then Heath has since leaving Kent St? That might be another factor why Heath swings and misses on so many players. You just know that opposing coaches show recruits a long list, that is getting longer, of players Heath tosses to the side like trash.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Considering only 60 players are drafted by the NBA yearly that actually proves that too many are leaving early.

Or it proves that, unless you're a potential superstar drafted in the lottery, it's really a crapshoot and the draft is kind of pointless beyond the first 10 to 15 selections. There are fewer roster spots in basketball than in other sports, so there is perhaps stiffer competition to get onto teams, but an average of almost one undrafted player per team has made his NBA debut each season since 2005. There's no way around it: Draft busts are inevitable, and teams only get two selections each, so...

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/06/21/undrafted-and-undeterred-long-shots-can-still-find-nba-success/

<blockquote><i>

Of the NBA's 30 teams, only Indiana and Philadelphia didn't have at least one undrafted player at some point during the past season, and the 76ers just traded for undrafted forward Andres Nocioni. The season had begun with 49 undrafted players on league rosters.</i></blockquote>

Archived