• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Lounge??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

I think the easiest thing to sell for USF athletics is:

FREE ADMISSION

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yes but students know the games are free to us, its just the way that flyer is set up it seems to imply that the food etc is free as well.

Guest wildrover

So just exactly what did you guys do to get the students out.  I sat nice and comfortable at the UAB game three rows behind the court, I walked in last night and couldn't find a seat.  Somebody told me the lounge was givng away beer and that brought everybody out but if thats not the case, what did you guys do?

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

they just handed out flyers and dorm stormed according to what i heard and read here in previous posts

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Getting a keg or two is pretty easy to pull off. Twelve people chip in $10, you got two kegs right there. Have someone responsible ID people outside the facility (when I was there, I would have been the wrong person to ID people!). Two kegs will last an hour easily and there's your free beer give-a-way. Even when I tried giving away beer back in the day, it wasn't enough to lure a ton of fans. At one point, a certain donor got us 12 free cases of Yuengling from the local brewery, and even all of that didn't get finished. Beer is only part of the answer... it's getting the flyers in the hands of the right people that is the real battle. Frats and sororities... the #1 paid friendship in America... that's where the flyers need to start at. If you put beer on a flyer given to them, the students will come.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Frats and sororities... that's where the flyers need to start at. If you put beer on a flyer given to them, the students will come.

Very good advice from the master... all you young gwasshoppa's take heed  ;)

But in all seriousness... He's abolutely right... the Fraternities will come if 1) there is beer, or 2) the sororities are there

the sororities come if 1) there is free beer, or 2) there is free beer  ;)

Guest bullman33

The pizza and subs that used to be free before the games were donated by local mechants.  In the mid 90's anyway.  I believe several groups worked to get that done, death row, zoo crew, etc.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

You guys are very fortunate to even be discussing these issues.  When I went to USF we had no sun dome and we were lucky if 20 students made the drive to Curtis Hixon hall or the fairgrounds for a game.  I'm not sure what my point is other than it may not now be as good as the mid 80's to early 90's but it is light years ahead of the early days of this program.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Bullman! Exactly! The Community vendors need to step up and donate some pies and some eats to the student groups! In liu of advertiseing of course. Seems like a fair trade to me.    Reaper

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

pretty simple... corporate advertising....  talk to the AD, see who there allegiances are with and create the (for example) Five Star Lounge....  Five star donates X pizzas every game and is allowed to litter the lounge with whatever advertising promos they want to run....