• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

-L3-

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

400 was my race. **** that is HS fast.

@Quaydiddy2206 Leon McQuay Jr.

McQuay runs a 50.7 PR in the 400meters tonight after taking three weeks off .

It's pretty good, but not as fast as Carlton Mitchell or Sterling G ran it in HS, but they specialized in that event.

He does very well in multiple track events.

http://fl.milesplit.com/athletes/1264502

You have got the numbers on our dual sport athlete/prospects. Your right he has an amazing breadth of events. No one trick pony there.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

He will have a lot more offers from big programs.  Lets hope he wants to stay local.

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

As long as the staff keeps showing them love we will be fine. They have a tight knit family and he has a little bro that the dad seems to want to keep close together. L3 is my favorite prospect out there right now and he is still just going to be a junior.

Armwood is a big recruiting destination though. OLB Eric Striker just got offered by Oklahoma. Seems like the whole country is focusing on Tampa Bay a little bit more this year. Nebraska, Oklahoma and USC is everywhere... can't blame them one bit.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

6_59028.jpg

“It was great,†McQuay said of the offer from the Bulls last week. “Now I know I can stay home – real close to home – I wouldn't even have to leave the city.â€

South Florida has let McQuay know he is a huge priority on the recruiting trail – as the Bulls clearly want to keep this top talent from getting outside the city limits for college.

“For the next two years,†McQuay corrected me when I asked if he was the top 2013 DB prospect on the board. “They think I can come in and be really good for them.â€

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Early-offers-coming-in-for-McQuay-18485?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Ran a 50.9 in HS.

That's excellent for a soph  :o

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He's back running track.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Did we already know we are in his top 5? .... or does it matter this early in the process.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/leon-mcquay-iii-has-new-top-5-and-one-surprise/10068/

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Did we already know we are in his top 5? .... or does it matter this early in the process.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/leon-mcquay-iii-has-new-top-5-and-one-surprise/10068/

It would have been a bigger surprise had we not been in the top 5.  Family has long football roots to the area and the staff has been there working hard.  Not saying we land him, but we have a chance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

It would have been a bigger surprise had we not been in the top 5.  Family has long football roots to the area and the staff has been there working hard.  Not saying we land him, but we have a chance.

It would really be cool, after watching his grandpa play for the hometown university, seeing him play for the hometown university... only thing better would be if he was arb.

Archived