• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is reporting from the baseball game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Regardless of the score, the atmosphere was fantastic, weather was awesome, and the stadium looks great.  Middle relief cost the Bulls the Game and yes if the catcher throws to first on a pass ball on a 3rd strike instead of home the Bulls would have won.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,524

The atmosphere was amazing. There is a designated student section, which is the last section down the first base line. It was packed. There were a ton of students sitting on the berm down right field line. I felt like I was watching a South Carolina or LSU baseball game. Hope it stays that way. Come out ladies and gents, its an amazing facility.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I cannot wait till they are 100% done (including the beer taps).  I was talking with some of my friends, and we all agreed that when the soccer stadium is completed, having accent lights on there, plus exterior lighting on the SunDome, and that complex will be breath-taking.

I'm still in disbelief that its actually ours and finally open. I'm half expecting to wake up tomorrow and have to play at the old Red.

One last thing I noticed, above the press box, where the speakers and lighting were, there was what looked like a Bullhorn.  I hope that thing gets hooked up really quickly, because that thing needed to be blasting for that first homer tonight.

I did not see the bullhorn, but thats awesome. I agree about the lighting with the soccer stadium and sun dome. It will be great. The only thing that would make it better would be to have the accent football stadium lights on across from the baseball/softball complex and sundome. Bull Run Dr. would look amazing  >:D

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I should add, my only two complaints:

1) They need to get the beer flowing there.

2) Please fix the Alma Mater. It was too soft and not even the correct beat/tune, plus it had no lead in, throwing people off.

Also, get the remaining bare concrete painted ASAP. But man, overall, what a great facility. I just kept saying to my friend all night, "This is amazing."

• Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Man I'm going to have to at least walk around the stadium when I'm in Town in 2 weeks. Sounds amazing from the descriptions.

Also if your not at the baseball games and want some feeds on whats going on, check out Adam Adkins Twitter. He did a nice job updating what was going on during the game.

http://twitter.com/#!/TBO_USFBulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Don't know if any of you did the Friday Night party package for up on the Donaldson Deck.  But it was pretty cool up there.  They had wings, sausage, pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad, BEER and cracker jacks. 

There are 6 games left (one Saturday game) and the pass was $100.  So initially it was less than $15 per game.  If you bought now, assuming they are still selling them, it would work out to $16.67.  You have to be a donor of at least $250/year (pretty sure but not positive) to buy them.  May pick up 2 more for our friends and family. 

Food was good and a fun atmosphere.  We sat in regular seats for most of the game but went up there pre game and for an inning or so during the game.  They have 2 rows of cushioned seats up there along with some high top tables and chairs.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Stadium was awesome. Happy to make the hour drive in to catch the opener. Wish we could have closed it out.

I'm inclined to give Rockhold a pass on the bonehead move, if only because he's just making the switch to catcher this season. As it is, I really think everybody in green and white should've been screaming "FIRST!!!" Yeah, it's the obvious play, but nothing is too obvious to confirm with communication.

• Content Count:  3,616

for those who didn't go to the game last night and are going tonight - BE AWARE that foul balls from softball stadium land in baseball stands occasionally. There were probably 5 of them last night

Archived