• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Magic Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

That was a brutal game to watch.  Hedu looks like a shell of his former self and no way can Howard play every minute for the rest of the series.  The strength of that team is getting those extra possessions so they can launch more 3s.  Not more ill advised two point shots.  Looks like the guys aren't moving their feet to get open looks like they usually do.  Nelson is playing his butt off as is Howard, but the rest of the guys look like they are cemented in place.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639

top 3 point shooting team in the NBA shoots a record low 8.7% in Game 4, not looking good  :-\

I think they need to check these guys' bank accounts after this series is over to find out who is paying them to throw the series.  Seriously, it's not that they aren't getting the looks.  They just can't hit anything from anywhere on the floor.  Hedo is absolutely horrific.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The team is fundamentally flawed. Not enough bigs. No defensive stopper. Too much reliance on the 3.

still alive and Howard gets some rest. Game 6 Thursday

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Hope they kill the Hawks tonight.  Get by Atlanta at Philips Arena tonight and the series belongs to the Magic.  Atlanta is a shell of a team on the road. 

Atlanta is better than most think as it showed in their game 1 win in the next round so i don't feel as bad.  Still, if they could've shot the 3 it would've been a non issue.  they better get Howard a STUD outside shooter in the offseason if they have any shot of keeping him in Orlando.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Atlanta is better than most think as it showed in their game 1 win in the next round so i don't feel as bad.  Still, if they could've shot the 3 it would've been a non issue.  they better get Howard a STUD outside shooter in the offseason if they have any shot of keeping him in Orlando.

I think your giving Chicago too much credit.

I thought Orlando would match up well against Chicago. Atlanta has more talent than people are giving them credit for

• 4 weeks later...

Responding to speculation that he wants to jump to a bigger market when he can become a free agent next year, superstar center Dwight Howard indicated Monday that his strong preference is to remain with the Orlando Magic for the long term.

"I'm not trying to run behind nobody like Shaq or be behind somebody else," Howard said, referencing Shaquille O'Neal's decision to leave the Magic following the 1995-96 season and sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I want to start my own path and I want people to follow my path and not just follow somebody else's path. I want to have my own path, and I want to start that here in Orlando. But I can't do it alone. Not only do I need the right teammates, but I need the city behind me. That's the only way it's going to get done. We can change this small city that we have — this small market that we have — and we can make it a big market."

Howard made his comments in a one-on-one interview with the Orlando Sentinel during a free barbecue that he held for fans Monday afternoon at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. Howard came up with the idea for the event around 1 a.m. Monday; one of his goals, he said, was to ease fans' concerns that he might leave the team.

Howard's current contract with the Magic runs through the 2012-13 season. But Howard can terminate the deal one year early and become a free agent during the summer of 2012.

On Monday, Howard stopped short of saying that he will remain with the team for the long haul.

Indeed, Orlando's first-round playoff defeat last month appeared to show that Howard needs a better supporting cast for the Magic to be a true title contender. The early postseason exit reignited speculation that Howard would want to leave the team and join a franchise that boasts another superstar.

But Howard said Monday that he has not told the Magic front office that he has any plans or desire to leave the franchise that drafted him No. 1 overall in 2004.

"As of right now, I'm a part of the Orlando Magic and I plan to be here," Howard said.

"And I want the Magic to do whatever they can to make sure that we can get our city behind us. That's the only thing that I want to happen: just to have the city behind me and the support of our fans. I never said I was leaving. I never, ever thought about leaving. That's basically where my head is right now. I never said anything to them [the Magic] about what my plans were because that's not what I'm focused on right now."

He already has a busy summer planned.

In addition to traveling to Europe and Asia on adidas promotional tours and to Africa to donate a school, Howard said he plans to hire a shooting coach to help him improve his midrange game and his notoriously poor free-throw shooting.

Last year, Howard spent a few days in Texas working on his footwork and low-post moves with former Houston Rockets all-star Hakeem Olajuwon. Howard wants to work with Olajuwon more extensively this summer.

"I just want to become better," Howard said. "I want to win a championship. I just felt bad losing in the first round and I just want to make sure that our team has a chance to win a championship next year."

At least several hundred people, including Magic guard Gilbert Arenas, attended Monday's barbecue, which was publicized only on Twitter.

Howard paid for the food, guests' parking and for supervision by local police officers.

"He does not want to leave Orlando," said Howard's manager, Kevin Samples. "You don't do stuff like this and be ready to go. If you're ready to go, you go ahead and go and start taking meetings and stuff like that. This is home for us. It's been seven years. We want to stay here."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-magic-dwight-howard-0531-20110530,0,2026832.story

Archived