• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Says he's moving on from USF and Tampa....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Article I read this morning on TBO.com, written by Bill Ward....

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2011/jan/16/170640/leavitt-says-hes-moving-on-from-usf-and-tampa/

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Q: As this chapter closes, do you have any regrets?

A: The only regret I have is that I wasn't given enough time. I really felt like this year, this team, we had a great chance to win the Big East and next year, too. We were very, very talented. That would probably be my only regret. I don't regret anything else.

Not given enough time?  I kinda have second thoughts on that one...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

A: The only regret I have is that I wasn't given enough time. I really felt like this year, this team, we had a great chance to win the Big East and next year, too. We were very, very talented. That would probably be my only regret. I don't regret anything else.

I can understand it ... We just had our best recruiting class ever earlier that year and may have been the start of yearly classes like that. Personally, thought a couple more years would have showed if he could get us over the hump or not.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I know it is just coach speak but I find it amazing that he thinks he could have won the BE with this team this year.

Sounds like a parting shot to me.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I can understand it ... We just had our best recruiting class ever earlier that year and may have been the start of yearly classes like that. Personally, thought a couple more years would have showed if he could get us over the hump or not.

that recruiting class was insanely over rated... some didn't even make it in. Others are no longer with the team.

not that it matters but i figured i'd point it out

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

that recruiting class was insanely over rated... some didn't even make it in. Others are no longer with the team.

not that it matters but i figured i'd point it out

I'd figure any class that includes a first round draft pick would be hard pressed to be called "insanely over rated" ... Throw in our 3 top tacklers this year, plus Lindsey Lamar ... and the fact that we've still got a couple of years left for some of the guys to be evaluated. That's just me, though.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

2007 was his year to get it done.

very good talent on the field as well as great defensive coaching. 

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I know it is just coach speak but I find it amazing that he thinks he could have won the BE with this team this year.

Sounds like a parting shot to me.

There's always a chance ... maybe not a great chance, but there's a chance.  We definitely didn't have a "great" chance this year.  I would hope that Leavitt wouldn't make a parting shot at Holtz, because if it wasn't at him, it was at Genshaft and Woolard, who have to be very happy the football team did as good as it did with the cards it was dealt. 

Anyway, best of luck to CJL and I hope he lands on his feet with a good job somewhere. 

Archived