• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Many Bulls Bowl Games Have You Attended?

How Many Bulls Bowl Games Have You Attended?  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Sunburned

my wife and I have attended all 6 games...class of 74....GO BULLS........

I went the '05 Muffler Bowl, and the magicJack (will not go there again) watched the rest on TV.  After much thought, decide that we (my wife and I) won't spend the time and money to go to a bowl game when the Bulls don't win 6 or more games in the BEast.

::) why not just hold out 'till they make they national championship game ::)

That's not a bad idea!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  233
  • Days Won:  0

Only reason I missed this bowl is mom is in hospice.

• Content Count:  109

Been to every one since I've been here...

St Pete, International, '10 Car Care

Plan on making every one in the future too!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Only been able to make 2 bowl games... St. Pete and MCCB... I plan on attending all of them from this point forward though  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I've been to all but Toronto.  Toronto is a lovely city but not in January.  This Florida cracker says no thanks.  I'll stay home in the southern province with the rest of the folks from Ontario.

I think this past Meineke Bowl was my favorite thus far.  Game was good.  A win against BCS team.  Charlotte was a lot of fun and the folks very hospitable, as were the Clemson fans.

Picking the worst one is tougher.  Which did I deplore more: (1) playing a subpar opponent on a plastic, indoor baseball field, (2) playing in an essentially closed stadium where the local folks were surprised to find out there was a bowl game being played in town, or (3) getting absolutely crushed in a third-world border town?

Of course, I found some fun and garnered treasured memories at each game but I suspect I might enjoy it just a little better, say, if we were playing for the National Championship in Pasadena.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll keep going as long as they don't play above the Artic Circle.

• Content Count:  225

Been to all of them.

I HIGHLY suggest that anyone and everyone that wants to go to bowl games in the future have a plan on financing them. That may sound a bit silly, but do some math. Start with airfare to Arizona, hotels, and BCS tickets. I think you'll find $100.00 a month per person will be close. Anything less, as far as costs go, and you've got a head start on the next year.

I will definitely do that after this past year.  I probably emailed and calles up to 20 USF alumns and only 1 could go.

• Content Count:  585

I've been to all of them.  The experience in Charlotte for both visits were better than St. Pete, Birmingham or Toronto.  El Paso still put on the best show.

USFFan

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

After much thought, decide that we (my wife and I) won't spend the time and money to go to a bowl game when the Bulls don't win 6 or more games in the BEast.

So let's say the Bulls go 5-2 in league play and end up playing FSU in the Champs Bowl. You wouldn't go to that game?

No!

I hope there aren't other fans who share that same mentality.

What if we're 10-2 (5-2) and playing in the Orange Bowl?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

After much thought, decide that we (my wife and I) won't spend the time and money to go to a bowl game when the Bulls don't win 6 or more games in the BEast.

So let's say the Bulls go 5-2 in league play and end up playing FSU in the Champs Bowl. You wouldn't go to that game?

No!

Ah, pay him no mind ... He's one of those posters.  ::)

• Content Count:  225

No!

Ah, pay him no mind ... He's one of those posters.  ::)

Sadly there are a lot of fans like Sunburned but not on this forum.  I listen a lot to JP Peterson on 1010 am.  His co-host is an USF alumn and they spent a good amount of time bashing USF attendance but they did give us the kudos we deserve for the Connecticut game.  That was a pretty rowdy crowd even though I heard the actual attendance wasn't as high (but I couldn't tell..good crowd) Someone called in the show one time and I thought he made a decent point.  He said USF making #2 in 2007 was a bit of curse.  He made the point that if USF don't get close to that,  people won't show. 

I think fan's perspective towards USF is a lot different from most.  They feel if we are not top 10, they won't roll out of bed. 

I think it's all about perspective when I look at this year and this year's bowl game...I'm like hell yeah.. it's a drivable bowl game against a quality opponent in a fun city like Charlotte.. who wouldn't want to go... Well I  quickly found out that there aren't as many as fanatical USF fans as the people on this board.. or people who just enjoy to party ...

I thought I could use Charlotte as a good draw..saying it would a fun New Years.. well not so much. 

Archived