• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone bringing kids to Charlotte?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

5 years ago brought the kids to the MCC bowl.  Friends with us did the same.  It was great, as everything is close and tons of restaurants.  We parked our car for the entire 3 days we were there and just walked.

The key is to make sure you have details on all of the events happening in the days leading up to it.  They have a fan fest day with all kinds of kid activities.  They also have a fan fest on a stage that their mayor attends and each school's coach gets to talk, bands play, cheerleaders, etc. 

We had a blast, and all of the kids in our party had a great time. 

Biggest piece of advice, do your research and make sure you know what is happening when.  Also, make sure you stay downtown where all of the action is.  Things are close there so you will never be more than 6/10th of a mile from wherever you want to go (if you picked the right hotel).

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

Unless my brother comes and this trip gets bumped to an R rating I will be bringing the 12yo. She went to Bham and st pete but this is her first charlotte trip. After telling her Mom that it was going to be a PG-13 trip (smoking drinking, cursing, etc) and after tellling her that she was either going to be riding in the car, watching football or watching me drink beer she still wanted to come. Unreal. Whatever, it'll still be fun. She suffer football style. Brrrr

Enjoy it while you can! Another year or two and she won't even know your name, unless it's time to borrow the car keys, LOL!

• Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

My 10-year old son and I have made every Bulls bowl game and plan on being at this one.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Driving up with my 2 1/2 year old.

Drive while they sleep and sleep when you get there.

Eric is correct though, the club access was a joke there last time so don't know if it is worth it. Last time weather was ok, this time or could be colder and even a heated hall might be nice for the toddlers. We should have a traveling bulls baby tailgate! Family friendly and somewhere warm.

My only memory of any reason to be careful with a young one was the streets of charlotte can be rough at times in the wrong areas, and it can be way colder than us florida buys are used to...have fun no matter what and GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Honest, I am 100% NOT trying to be a smart a@@ here.

Any English majors or professors out there? Was actually wondering when the word used stopped being 'taking' and 'bringing' became acceptible? Or, has it always been okay? Or, is it just wrong?

Shouldn't the question really be, Anyone taking kids to Charlotte?

Again, I'm serious about this and would really like to know.

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

What if the person asking the question is already in Charlotte?

• Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

Honest, I am 100% NOT trying to be a smart a@@ here.

Any English majors or professors out there? Was actually wondering when the word used stopped being 'taking' and 'bringing' became acceptible? Or, has it always been okay? Or, is it just wrong?

Shouldn't the question really be, Anyone taking kids to Charlotte?

Again, I'm serious about this and would really like to know.

Does your **** come out like spaghetti noodles? :D

Guest nybullsfan

I'm not an English professor but I used to play one in Japan. Grammatically, I believe both are correct.

IMO, The distinction is a mental projection. If you are thinking ahead to what you will be doing when you are already in NC, "bringing" is fine. If you are planning the trip and thinking about what you will be doing in Tampa to get there, you would use "taking".

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

I agree. If you're in Charlotte fans will be bringing their children, whereas if you're just pulling out of the driveway in Tampa, you would be taking your children.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, lets get back to the deficit issue and foreign policy. Should the bowl trip be paid for in cash or via credit card and is there the possibility of hostilities erupting on the North and South Carolina border which could impede traffic? Not to be smart a$$ or anything.... :-*

Archived