• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett: Sources say UCF to get invite if 'Nova decides to stay FCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

Guess we are looking at different things. If expansion is supposed to make you stronger, I'd think a huge state school with upgraded facilities, an on campus stadium, with a couple of conference titles under their belt would be a better bet than a school with no stadium or FBS experience.

That's just me, though. Still, I think Houston or SMU would be better, but UCF is less laughable as a league than a DII school in another rental stadium. Of course, cherry picking CUSA schools still scuks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

how is this guy getting all this info...

I believe SANJAY addressed that elsewhere ....   ;)

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Guess we are looking at different things. If expansion is supposed to make you stronger, I'd think a huge state school with upgraded facilities, an on campus stadium, with a couple of conference titles under their belt would be a better bet than a school with no stadium or FBS experience.

The only option that would make the league stronger in football just accepted an invitation yesterday.

Now it's about getting everything in place for the Big East tv network. 'Nova helps more in the regard than UCF does.

• Content Count:  1,400

Brett puts the head in d!ck

+1

he who must not be named :hurlnew

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

how is this guy getting all this info...

I believe SANJAY addressed that elsewhere ....   ;)

gotta be

at least we know hes putting out accurate info from a real source ;/

• Content Count:  89

for me the First Choice is Nova. After that UCF would be OK - We are already competing with the big 3  and UCF for recruits. I can't see what the big deal is.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Emotions aside, I think that the Presidents and ADs will be pragmatic when they decide who to invite.  That said, I know that there were issues with UCF dropping BIG EAST games on short notice in recent history (WVU and/or Pitt, I believe).

Based on the past rumor about the Big East accepting UCF that was leaked this summer I believe that the Big East has already decided to add UCF if Nova decided to not join as an all sports member. I think UCF was already told that they are next up to bat if Nova steps down and prematurely leaked it back this summer.

I also don't see USF being able to veto a Big East move to add UCF... I think that it is a majority vote as to who gets invited, which includes the basketball schools.

Who knows maybe someone or a group of people at USF are covertly pulling for a very cheap road trip and an attendance boost every season.

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly, I don't understand all the hate for McMurphy. 

Frankly, I think we should be thanking him for exposing our abusive coach and allowing us to replace him with a far better coaching staff (and on the cheap!).

McMurphy seems to have good sources and gets the story right nearly all the time.  I don't think he has anything against our program, just against our former coach. 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think he has anything against our program, just against our former coach. 

I think that saying USf cost the Big East an at large bowl bid an extra money for the league in 2006 is something against the program.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think he is reporting anything new here. We all knew the pecking order was TCU, Villanova, UCF.

+1

That is what I thought.....this is not new news. The only question I have is would UCF be offered a full membership or Football only because if Nova accepted you would have a 17 team league but if UCF joins that is an 18 team league so it is a little different.

If UCF was offered football only and turned it down.....then what would the contingency be? ECU? Houston? Temple?

Archived