• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Brett: Sources say UCF to get invite if 'Nova decides to stay FCS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

I don't think he has anything against our program, just against our former coach. 

I think that saying USf cost the Big East an at large bowl bid an extra money for the league in 2006 is something against the program.

Plus, the numerous times he's tried to get something over on our hoops program ...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think he is reporting anything new here. We all knew the pecking order was TCU, Villanova, UCF.

• Content Count:  138

Well, 17 is odd for basketball so I don't think there will be any football only invites. Also odd to stay at 17 if Nova moves up. thoughts?

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Tolja so!  >:D

Nova has until years end.....I expect it to take at least that long ...IF AT ALL!

Guest nybullsfan

Tolja so!  >:D

Nova has until years end.....I expect it to take at least that long ...IF AT ALL!

I also predicted Nova will NOT move up - we'll see in April how that one pans out. I pretty much suck at the Nostradamus thing, tho...

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Well, 17 is odd for basketball so I don't think there will be any football only invites. Also odd to stay at 17 if Nova moves up. thoughts?

17 is not that hard to work with just like 9 in football is not hard to work with.

You have an 18 game schedule.....with 17 teams you play all 16 other teams and then you play 2 of those team twice...home and away.

Just like what we have now except instead of having 3 opponents home and away you only would have 2. If you go to 18 then you would only have one.

As far as the tourney you can do like we did before.....send only the top 16 or 14 or 12 seeds. If you don't make the cut so be it.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

17 is not that hard to work with just like 9 in football is not hard to work with.

You have an 18 game schedule.....with 17 teams you play all 16 other teams and then you play 2 of those team twice...home and away.

Just like what we have now except instead of having 3 opponents home and away you only would have 2. If you go to 18 then you would only have one.

As far as the tourney you can do like we did before.....send only the top 16 or 14 or 12 seeds. If you don't make the cut so be it.

18 teams would be fairly easy too. Two 9-team divisions. Play everybody in your division twice and play two teams from the other division. OR, play everybody in the conference once, and two teams in your division once. But I think the former is how it would be set up.

Guest nybullsfan

I like the "4 groups of 5 teams" idea

We need 12 football teams, and we already have 8 non-football teams, so it works well.

• Content Count:  4,642

wow what a classless fool...

The Bulls have accomplished several firsts under Holtz: their first wins at Cincinnati and at Louisville and their first win against Miami (they had lost each of the previous meetings by at least 20 points). Holtz also managed to lose for the first time in school history to Syracuse -- hey, so nobody's perfect.

This season, the Bulls have closed on a 5-2 run, including Saturday's upset at Miami. Ironically, wide receiver Joel Miller, almost a year to the day when Leavitt hit him at halftime in the locker room last season that ultimately led to Leavitt's dismissal, had a team-high four catches for 60 yards, including a clutch nine-yard catch to UM's one in overtime that led to the game-winning TD.

Archived