• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2011 NFL Draft Prospects

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

When I heard Terrell McClain get mentioned to be a likely 4th-5th round pick this year, made me wonder who else are draft prospects. I know Bogan is, but any idea who will be and rough estimate of draft projection

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Raymond?

Genus?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

All of those plus Marshall and probably Williams

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think you could probably consider Plancher on that list too.  I think his production this year has shown he can run tough and can handle a workload eventually. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Bogan - late or UFA (he's not as fast as Taurus who did not get drafted)

Genus - late or UFA (Only being around 6' for a lineman will hurt, but he is strong)

Bass - UFA (good feet, not as strong as he needs to be for an nfl guard)

Marshall - mid to late rounds

Bedford - UFA at best

McClain - mid rounds

J. Williams - mid to late round (depends on combine and/or the usf day)

Raymond - UFA (I could see him as a career special teams and backup at S, because he works pretty **** hard)

I could see a bunch in the 6th and 7th rounds or none at all. 

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

genus will be our highest pick this year.  he'll probably go in the second round.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

genus will be our highest pick this year.  he'll probably go in the second round.

His height will prevent him from being drafted that high.

Most pundits had Marshall as our highest draft pick, but that was before his operation. I hope he can play in the bowl game and show that he's healthy.

Raymond has been coming on strong. I think he might end up being our highest draft pick this year.

• Content Count:  1,757

Physically, Williams and Bedford seem like the two that could hang the best in the NFL.

• Content Count:  2,523

As much as I like these guys and am a big bulls fan, we don't really have any sure fire NFL draft picks this year.  Just because these are the best individual players on our team doesn't mean they stack up well for the best off all those other college teams.  As much as I'd like to see any of these guys drafted, you only have to look at where guys like Mitchell/Selvie went who had much more name recognition than these guys.  USF has won as a team this season and noone has the stats you need to get the recognition that is the hype machine known as the draft.  These are all good, SOLID players, but going player by player, I wouldn't bet on any of them being drafted.  I could see however a number of them getting a shot on practice squads as UFAs.  As Mama Bull said above, Marshall had some hype, but unless he can get back and do something MAJOR on the field in these last two games, it'll be tough.

I hope I'm wrong, but when it comes to realistically evaluating our guys, I don't miss much.  I've been to enough Senior Bowl practices and talked to enough guys over the years you get a feel for what they look for and our guys, as solid as they are aren't "sexy" this season.  But there are two games left for them to grab some eyes and it all starts with tv time which they'll have Saturday and the bowl game.

Archived