• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Trib- USF Bulls Reach Biggest Game in Their History

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

win over Auburn that everyone but us has forgotten about and the win over FSU which just as many people have forgotten about

I disagree on both counts. And even if everyone HAD forgotten about the opponents, USF clearly has more name recognition because of those wins. It would be foolish to claim otherwise.

A win against Pitt would give USF absolutely nothing, except one more conference game to sustain this debate.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I said a BE title and BCS game would be bigger than fsu or auburn.  But we have to beat Pitt to do that.

Conf titles stick around a lot longer and BCS games get way more national media attn then a flash in the pan upset over a fsu or auburn. 

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

wow, our fans have to be the biggest group of malcontents i have ever seen.

one on hand you have people complaining that the local media isn't "hyping" the game up enough or writing positive articles about USF.

then on the other hand you have people who are complaining because it is being overhyped.

I say this is the biggest game to date.  Win it and we are in the driver seat for our first Conf title and BCS game (which by the way, is much bigger than a win over Auburn that everyone but us has forgotten about and the win over FSU which just as many people have forgotten about)

All this talk about "biggest game in hindsight" is foolish.

This Pitt game is HUGE

THIS.

Matt you took it straight outta my brain.

Also, AU and FSU didn't put no titles behind our name.

UCONN can ALWAYS say they were Co-Champs.  Win on Saturday and we are one step closer to being a Champ.

THAT is HUGE.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

one on hand you have people complaining that the local media isn't "hyping" the game up enough or writing positive articles about USF.

then on the other hand you have people who are complaining because it is being overhyped.

I say this is the biggest game to date.  Win it and we are in the driver seat for our first Conf title and BCS game (which by the way, is much bigger than a win over Auburn that everyone but us has forgotten about and the win over FSU which just as many people have forgotten about)

This Pitt game is HUGE

The Pitt game is huge, we arent in the drivers seat though. We still need some help to win the conference even if we win out. If we beat Pitt and Pitt loses to WVU, WVU holds the tie breaker. Cuse also holds a tiebreaker with us.

We need Pitt to win out after beating us, or Cuse to lose to UCONN and WVU drop a game.

Also in 07 we were in the drivers seat for the National Championship game, that 07 Rutgers game was by far the biggest game in our history. That being said, this week is HUGE. Tell your friends to go out and support the Bulls.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This Pitt game is HUGE

The Pitt game is huge, we arent in the drivers seat though. We still need some help to win the conference even if we win out. If we beat Pitt and Pitt loses to WVU, WVU holds the tie breaker. Cuse also holds a tiebreaker with us.

We need Pitt to win out after beating us, or Cuse to lose to UCONN and WVU drop a game.

Also in 07 we were in the drivers seat for the National Championship game, that 07 Rutgers game was by far the biggest game in our history. That being said, this week is HUGE. Tell your friends to go out and support the Bulls.

And we lost.

So this is now our Biggest (HUGEST) game in history.  Can we win it?

• Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

This Pitt game is HUGE

WE win out and we are at least co-conference champs! We aren't talking about who goes to the BCS game from our conference. We will be conf champs regardless of tie breaker.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

This Pitt game is HUGE

WE win out and we are at least co-conference champs! We aren't talking about who goes to the BCS game from our conference. We will be conf champs regardless of tie breaker.

Please re-read the post I was commenting on. He said that we are playing for the BCS game.

• Content Count:  10,565

The UConn game in 05 was bigger based on the criteria he's using. We controlled our own destiny as far as a BCS bowl bid was concerned ...

EXACTLY!!

• Content Count:  3,475

This Pitt game is no more or less important or "big" than the game against Louisville was last week. All the reasons people are providing - "we could win the conference with some help if we win!" - were also true last week. And the week before. And the week before.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

If it will get more butts in the seats, hype it up.

Archived