• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

did we win or lose to UAB?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

We lost by 1 point at the end -- I thought the Bulls played great though

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

lost because we missed our FT's but we had the right person at the line.  Freshman nerves perhaps.. but an all out good effort... could have fallen either way.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

It wasn't just FT's Velcro.

We turned the ball over on 8 of 9 possessions at one point.

We had at least 6 unforced turnovers.

Ball handling lost this game.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

was a hard fault game, we missed too many of our free throws shooting only 56.7 or something like that.  You could also blame it on theb refs for not calling obvious calls that would have helped us.  The atmosphere was one of the best I've seen it in a while.  It took some time to get the students involved more, but once we did the atmosphere was amazing.  It reminded me of the Uf game from 01-02 season.  We play hard and and at least 3000 to the game like today and you have a basketball game.  Its a tough loss to swallow, to go from so much emotion to nothing just kills you

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

There will be nothing like the atmosphere at the USF-UF game for a long time and coming... that day was the best turnout and most boisterous crowd we've had in since the early '90s.

On the otherhand, at least people came and got into the game.

Did we really shoot 56% from the foul line? That makes a one point loss hard to swallow!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It is tough to lose that close, but it again proves we are moving in the right direction.  When your 2nd best FT shooter shoots 50% for the game... its gotta be nerves.  You can bet on it that he doesn't miss the FT's the next time we are in that position.  

I wouldn't blame the refs... refs always make bad calls, its part of the game.  Today really wasn't that bad.  

I haven't seen the attendance report, but i was gonna guess about 2400-2500 butts in seats.  the lower level was at least 75% full, and there had to be another 1000-1200 in the upper level.  I was very surprised, and happy to see the turnout.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

we ended up 11-21 from the line     52%   ouch

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

TL was very upset with himself and the free throw shooting.  When they were shooting the last free throws, he was just shaking his head at himself.  He's a very emotional guy.

Fans who turned out were really into the game - it was a great atmosphere.  SD management came around the second level just when the game started and invited a couple hundred people down into the student sections.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

The attendednce was a little over 3,000. As far as the turnovers, UAB is one of the toughest defensive teams in the country. Our 17 turnovers against then was the second least against them all season (if that makes any sense to anyone) It was a close game throughout.