• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

L'ville game observations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Winning is just the icing on the cake... we go to at least 1 road game a season now and normally arrive in town 1 day prior to the game to enjoy the atmosphere and wonder around. Win or lose if you do this then its a fun trip... if you arrive just for the game and the Bulls lose then I could see why most are not eager to go on a roadie.

I'm hoping to make the Notre Dame game next year but my schedule is not looking so good now so its all up in the air.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Great recap, Ricky.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Started here Friday at about noon and ended here Sunday at about noon.

LouisvilleFourthStreetLive.jpg

Food was great, Dranks were stiff, Morals were questionable...

I left a little piece of my heart, and a large chunk of my bank account on 4th Street and I plan on making a return in 2010....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Louisville is a definite as far as going back every time USF goes up there.  We've done it twice and enjoyed ourselves both times.

Guest nybullsfan

Attended the game and am now re-watching it.  So just wanted to put some thoughts down here:

1. The announcers way, way underestimated the effect of the wind on that game.  It was no accident that all the bad punts were in one direction, all the good punts in the other and that Bonani's attempt at the end of the game had plenty of distance with the wind.  The flags were straight out the entire game.  USF waited to punt at the end of the 3rd quarter to shift ends of the field.

2. The PA announcer at the game, when the Cards got a first down, simply states "That play was good for another" and then shuts up.  The fans finish with "Cards first down".  Not that hard.  Why can't our guy get it straight.  BTW, NC State does the same thing.

3. The color of the seats definitely effects the perception of attendance.  The attendance was announced at 43K, there weren't more that 30 - 32k in attendance, yet on TV it looked pretty full because the red seats look like fans on quick glance. 

4. The catch that Bogan made in the back of the endzone was right in front of the Bulls section and looked spectacular live.  The throw looked like it came out of a rocket launcher.  BJ has a gun.  The play action was great and allowed Bogan to get deep.  We collectively held our breath while the review went on.  One guy sitting near me thought the ball hit the ground but thought he had control.  The catch almost let you forgive the stopping of the route earlier in the game that would have been a TD.  OK, not really.  No excuse for that.

5. Watching your team win on the road in person is one of the great joys of college football.  Always love to see the Bulls win, but it is just a bit sweeter when it happens on "their" turf.  OT wins, while bad for the ticker, are even more special.

Pretty sure I was that guy...It just looked (although he didn't lose control) the ball touched the turf. I haven't watched the TV replay yet, we didn't get back until late last night, but I wanted to see if they had a camera in that corner of the endzone.

Guess I should have introduced myself then.  We had moved up from the front row (couldn't see squat) to about the 6th row or so?  So if you were in rows 4 - 6, then it probably was you.  "That guy" was a row in front of us.

+1 on the introducing.

I've met some great bullspenners on the road. This, to me, is one of the truly great aspects of this community - there is the opportunity for us to get together and hang out in real life, not just online. We should do a lot more of it.

Plus, it can reduce the temperature of some flame wars - while it's easy to good-naturedly slam a buddy you've hung out with in person, it's a lot harder to be vicious to one. I could no more be intentionally rude to AJ, Sheriff, Dixie, CousinRicky or a dozen others, than I could be to my own cousins, etc. Oh yah, and BTW, I HATE that Kumbaya song, LOL  >:D

:2cents

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

As far as the back and forth that happens on here, I pretty much have blinders on.  I don't respond to the person that writes something, I respond to what was written.  For example, at the Sun Bowl I met Mike G and he said something about his bashing me on the Board.  I didn't remember getting bashed by anyone by name and had no hard feelings toward him.

I am always happy to meet someone from the Bullspen.  We may disagree on this strategy or that play, but we're all Bulls fans.  Having dinner with Ricky the Bull and Swamprat Friday night before the game was one of the best moments of the trip.  Smazza has gotten me worked up a couple of times but would be happy to meet him if given a chance.

Guest nybullsfan

I spoke with Smazza on the phone a few times last fall while I was in Cali. Couldn't work out the schedules, so we haven't met face to face yet. But he's a good guy. As most of us are when we aren't hiding behind our computers. I did catch up with The Sheriff, though, and he swears by Steve - that's good enough for me.

Go Bulls!! Pound the Panthers!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

Away games are really good for meeting folks on the board, the Sun Bowl Bulls Pen

gig being one of the best ever.

Of course, there's always the awkward..."you know, I thought you'd be a lot bigger" .

I've never said it...but it has crossed my mind.  :o

Guest nybullsfan

Away games are really good for meeting folks on the board, the Sun Bowl Bulls Pen

gig being one of the best ever.

Of course, there's always the awkward..."you know, I thought you'd be a lot bigger" .

I've never said it...but it has crossed my mind.  :o

:ROFLMAO

Does this font make my ass look bigger??

:cheers

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

Louisville is a definite as far as going back every time USF goes up there.  We've done it twice and enjoyed ourselves both times.

For the next time ... we found another great restaurant out on Bardstown Road called Ramsi's Cafe. Eclectic menu and decor. Great atmosphere. There is a Graeter's right up the street, too.

Archived