• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nice crowd paper tiger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

Always tough to run the table with a true freshman Qb no matter

how talented he may be.  Just my view.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Always tough to run the table with a true freshman Qb no matter

how talented he may be.   Just my view.

UCF lost its second game of the season. Who said anything about running the table?

(And why am I asking you this as if you are actually going to provide an intelligent response?)

• Content Count:  639

I was at the game, crowd was solid but ofcourse you want sellouts. UCF crowds are always late to the game(tailgate a little too long) so you can't judge right at kickoff and unfortunately when your coach punts near midfield down 21 in the 4th that will lead to an early exit for many. 40K purchased, probably 37-38 K butts in seats at some point in the game, here's some pics another UCF fan posted from the SMiss game

west side facing towards student section

IMG_4127.JPG

east side

IMG_4123.JPG

north endzone/visitor section

IMG_4124.JPG

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Odd that they put the band so far from the field

I think if you were to put them close to the field, the sound would not travel as well. The sound is still very loud on the opposite end goal line. Before I had season tics, I usually sat there Overall, I think the sound for opposing teams is loud and distracting.

A relative of mine is  a coach for Univ. of Buffalo. After the game last year he commented about the general crowd noise making it difficult to call plays( in fact vs. USM the USM QB this weekend was at the line constantly yelling at his O line to verify the call) and that the band made audibles almost impossible.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Sorry, not just the band, but the overall crowd noise made verbal scrimmge line adjustments difficult.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Funny this slantinel columnist doesn't see 38k.

Wow....must be great that the hometown paper is run by nothing but Gators and hates everything about your program. I would say this is another area where UCF has us beat.  :D

They were up 14-0 on a beautiful fall day. Thousands of lame fans took that opportunity by not bothering to show up, despite the announced attendance of 40,358. The stadium looked about a third empty.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/os-diaz-ucf-southern-miss-1114-20101113,0,505674.column

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Nice pics, 813, but one of the characteristics of bench seatings is that it can look a lot fuller than it really is by people spreading out and not crammed in like they would be if all were there. This pic shows a perfect example of that:

IMG_4127.JPG

And, honestly, our noon game this weekend is going to suck attendancewise, too, again,  .... but the only reason some here bring this type stuff up here is because of your obsessed compadre who continues to yap over here, and elsewhere on the Internets, about attendance.

• Content Count:  1,390

Tonight for bball....

UCF: 6,333

USF: 2,722

.....no word to describe it other than....EMBARRASSING.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Nice pics, 813, but one of the characteristics of bench seatings is that it can look a lot fuller than it really is by people spreading out and not crammed in like they would be if all were there. This pic shows a perfect example of that:

IMG_4127.JPG

And, honestly, our noon game this weekend is going to suck attendancewise, too, again,  .... but the only reason some here bring this type stuff up here is because of your obsessed compadre who continues to yap over here, and elsewhere on the Internets, about attendance.

Good call, I'd never thought about it before but you're absolutely right about the bench seating looking more full than it really is. Obviously with those big gaps where there are no people, fans aren't exactly cramming in there, but from far away it looks the same whether fans are packed in tightly or not. With proper seats, you have a finite amount of space that doesn't magically expand just because there are fewer people than there could be.

Archived