• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Moderators: Suggestion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I like the idea of one stop shopping. Why do we need to jump around to other boards? Go to one, scan, and choose the topic you want. What is the big deal?

I agree. I bookmark the Main Board and NEVER even visit the other boards.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

In my experience with other team's board it is only wise to have a separate board for basketball when there is great interest in the sport among the members. Let's be honest there isn't enough support on this or any other USF board to support a basketball only forum.

A basketball only forum would get awfully lonesome with only a hand full of fans wanting to talk hoops. It's a pity there aren't more fans of hoops but it's that way.

Also Football never dies around here regardless if they have a game or not. USF fans view FB like it's a member of the the SEC, (other then UK and Vandy) and make FB a 12 month conversation.

Just have to keeping searching through the board to find basketball topics I'm afraid.

Not my reason for the post, just the opposite....I would rather not see basketball posts in a football dominated board.  I am not a technician like the moderators, but having said that I cannot imagine it would be that difficult to create another link for basketball posts; especially when, in my opinion, there are separate links or boards for less important discussions or topics.

The users make this board, which I happen to enjoy.  I think it should be put to vote and if enough of us agree on a separate topic link for basketball, then perhaps the owner of the board will take action. 

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

OR, someone could pony-up and start their own basketball board. Could be "BBBB".

I'm not much of a BB fan, but I do like the icon idea. Personally I just look for "Today" or "Yesterday". After that the news is pretty old anyway.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

And those starting threads ... please use the "theme icons" Basketball.gif or Football.gif to help those navigate.

This really is a good way to differentiate topics, especially when there is a generic title ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

In my experience with other team's board it is only wise to have a separate board for basketball when there is great interest in the sport among the members. Let's be honest there isn't enough support on this or any other USF board to support a basketball only forum.

A basketball only forum would get awfully lonesome with only a hand full of fans wanting to talk hoops. It's a pity there aren't more fans of hoops but it's that way.

Also Football never dies around here regardless if they have a game or not. USF fans view FB like it's a member of the the SEC, (other then UK and Vandy) and make FB a 12 month conversation.

Just have to keeping searching through the board to find basketball topics I'm afraid.

Not my reason for the post, just the opposite....I would rather not see basketball posts in a football dominated board.  I am not a technician like the moderators, but having said that I cannot imagine it would be that difficult to create another link for basketball posts; especially when, in my opinion, there are separate links or boards for less important discussions or topics.

The users make this board, which I happen to enjoy.  I think it should be put to vote and if enough of us agree on a separate topic link for basketball, then perhaps the owner of the board will take action. 

Basketball, plus all the other USF sports, need all the plugging they can get. Maybe a hoops, baseball, softball, etc thread in here piques someone's interest enough to go out and take in a game ... especially with all the new digs coming. .... Plus, I think a lot of the admin types are hoops guys so you're just going to have to suffer through "all" those threads.  ;)

It's not "hard" to do... it's just something that has been discussed just about every year since we moved to the new software, and the general thought is one board for USF athletics teams is enough.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

A minor over haul would be to put the recruiting board on both of the two.

so take away the recruiting board, and separate the two so you have:

All things to do with BBall(inc. recruiting

same for football

then other sports

then the rest.

Archived