• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt - USF kickoff at 12 noon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Nooners=gay

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

If only the networks would acknowledge the greatness that is USF football and schedule us for 3:30 Saturday games (7:00 in September) this wouldn't be a problem. It's them not us.

I don't know ... The greatness that is UCF football had their homecoming at 3:30 on a Saturday and it was pathetic. I doubt we fare much better ... 8:00 PM or bust.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I can understand the Saturday morning Kids sports. But, a student that can't recover by 9:00 the next day should hand in their "college student card".  ;D .

• Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

If only the networks would acknowledge the greatness that is USF football and schedule us for 3:30 Saturday games (7:00 in September) this wouldn't be a problem. It's them not us.

I don't know ... The greatness that is UCF football had their homecoming at 3:30 on a Saturday and it was pathetic. I doubt we fare much better ... 8:00 PM or bust.

Playing devil's advocate, they did play Rice and the game was only aired on BHSN.

Not making excuses, just stating facts.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

How did SU v UConn get selected for a 7pm kickoff on ESPNU??

You have Pitt v USF at noon.

West Virginia and Louisville at noon.

Cincy at Rutgers hasn't been set yet.

Just seems like the SU v UConn game should have been the noon BE game of the week.

• Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

I really hope most of these posts are sarcastic.  If not, this is pathetic.  I live in the middle of Big Ten country and I've never heard a single fan complain about a noon kickoff.

• Content Count:  1,412

I really hope most of these posts are sarcastic.  If not, this is pathetic.  I live in the middle of Big Ten country and I've never heard a single fan complain about a noon kickoff.

I wouldn't mind noon games either if I was shooting for the warmest part of the day!

But here in FL, we tend to avoid it!

We too love football weather, 60 degrees etc.  Odds are that is not happening in Nov at noon.

• Content Count:  1,027

I disagree. USF and UCF are COMPLETELY different. There are thousands of USF fans eager to pack Ray Jay if it weren't for the lousy game times. Just tell ESPN when and where we'll be playing and they'll show up. If there is one thing that fans everywhere can't get enough of it's USF football. ESPN knows this.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I disagree. USF and UCF are COMPLETELY different. There are thousands of USF fans eager to pack Ray Jay if it weren't for the lousy game times. Just tell ESPN when and where we'll be playing and they'll show up. If there is one thing that fans everywhere can't get enough of it's USF football. ESPN knows this.

12pm is not a "lousy" game time on a Saturday. I understand it if families with children involved in athletics cannot make the game, but there is no excuse why the student section shouldn't be filled at that time of the day.

Our 3 highest attended home games were a Friday evening, a Saturday at 3:30pm and a Saturday at noon. I'm pretty sure the ESPN family of networks covered all 3 of those games.

While 7pm on Saturday nights would be optimal, we don't need them to be successful.

Archived